Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
And we finally meet the main character of the first arc. I really hope they don't change the ending for the Anime.

Also a pity they cut out this scene:
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Silver-Spoon/7?id=63121#18
Otherwise we seem to be going for a frame to frame adaption of the manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Arakawa is nothing if not thorough. She takes regular breaks from putting out new chapters of the manga so she can do more research, so that she portrays things as accurately as possible. It's admirable dedication! And apparently she also does a second manga series alongside this one, which I think is baaaaanaaaaanaaaaas.
That research probably explains why she is drawing Arslan. It is based on a novel, so she doesn't have to do research. And she probably wants to draw as a break from researching cows.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Joshlemagne posted:

Not a whole day the better part of one. Like four or five hours maybe. But yeah I doubt they are trying to set any speed records.

And I assumed he didn't gut the deer right there because it was only a mile or so up the road to the farm so it was probably easier than trying to do it there rather than on the side of the road in the dark. They also make a big deal about bears so he might have felt it was unsafe there. And he also admits he wants to gently caress with Hachiken so if it was already gutted that would remove a big part of that.

Speaking of bears I'm kind of surprised Japan would still have any. The UK managed to extinct all its large predators centuries ago. Get with the program, Japan :colbert:.
They are in Hokkaido. The Japanese only settled there about a century ago.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

So here are some great scenes that were left out:
Great-Grandma vs. Bears
Shingo vs. Bullshit
Great-Grandma vs. Shingo
Shingo vs. Mikami

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Finally we get to the scene that catapulted this series from good to awesome in the manga version.
My greatest fear about the Anime was that they might change it to something more typically Anime.
But they didn't. Huraay. Time to eat some bacon in celebration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

I only know him from Samurai Fiction. If he sounds like back then, he would be better suited to play Hachiken himself.

• Locked thread