Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Even as someone who hasn't even looked at the manga, the show so far has felt like a direct adaptation. I'm not sure how to explain it, but it was something that I picked up on. By comparison, AoT doesn't feel like an adaptation at all (I haven't read that manga either).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I think this show's really starting to hit its stride with episodes 3 and 4. I was iffy on it with 1 and 2 but I'm pretty much sold by now.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Asparagus on pizza seems so strange to me.

I've never seen it, being in the US, but honestly it doesn't sound like that bad an idea. Then again, I am a veggies kind of guy.

But watching them eat those pizzas... I almost salivated onto my shirt staring at them. It's decided, I'm ordering Dominoes for lunch tomorrow.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

Seeing this chapter animated strengthened this feeling by several factors.

DO NOT watch this episode on an empty stomach.

Better yet, have some pizza while watching this episode and pretend Hachiken made it.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I think that was closer to The Great Escape, the anime. The even got picked off one by one.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
At the very least, it isn't "being fat is terrible and shameful and makes you a bad person."

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

Everything in the bed of the pickup truck towards the end was totally brilliant.

Fuckin' bears, man. Always ruining the day.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Mo_Steel posted:

Oh man, (ep6)the interaction between Hachiken and Mikage's father was fantastic. Looking forward to more of that.

That had better be a recurring gag if he shows up later.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Tamako is magic. It's the only explanation.

I can't decide if this or SxS is my favorite comedy of the season.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I used to drive by Rutgers' farms, which are right beside Route 1, every weekend or so. It's nowhere near as big as Ezono (is that how you spell it?), but it's still there.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Was this the last episode of the season? The ending was different enough to give me that impression though we did get a "To Be Continued" at the very end.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Really great season, I was wondering how well 'farm simulator 2013 the manga' would translate to a much more active format like anime, but they just did it perfectly. Can't wait to see the rest in winter. Have they said anything about the numbers this season got? I hope it's got enough support to stay around.

Winter? I thought season 2 was coming next fall?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Yep, it's as good as ever. I don't think we have to worry about the team changes ruining the show in any way.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I didn't feel the usual charm as much with this episode. It seemed like it was trying a bit too hard to keep the comedy going despite the more serious tone. But it did give us a sense of this season's overarching theme.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Thunk posted:

This week's episode was disappointing. It should have been much more dramatic, especially in the score, and they had to cut some significant bits from the original to fit it.

I don't know anything about the manga, but I loved this episode as it felt like a return to form after the meh episode last week.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
The pacing felt perfect to me. I don't know what else was in the manga, but I didn't think that there needed to be any more in that episode.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
They didn't mess up, they intentionally modified it. They trimmed what they felt wasn't necessary, rewrote it a little to fill in the cracks, and for me it worked just fine. You're way too hung up over accuracy.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Dessel posted:

Is it just me, or does Hachiken actually benefit from his current... uh, educational institution better than from your average cram school or whatever? Well, unless he needs to cram for lovely entrance exams, I feel the guy is way ahead of his age and is learning important management, stress tolerance, etc. skills way more than his peers in some "elite school" could. Well, this is from our point of view as we get to view all his exploits, but it might not show on paper and thus be important for his future. Dude needs to start a business once he grows up and use his learned skills to great effect and kick his competition to the curb because he has potential to surpass archaic Japanese business and employment models... Ugh, I guess this is quite a tangent.

I mean him studying where he's studying isn't just beneficial because of "feel-good" stuff or because of building character. He's actually learning stuff relevant for "white collar" work as well.

edit: And his dad is a fool for not recognizing this.

I think that's going to be how the conflict resolves. His dad is narrow minded and can't see past the traditional structure, but somehow Hachiken will convince him to look outside the box.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Man, Hachiken's VA absolutely sold it this episode, and the rest was just brilliant.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Acer Pilot posted:

Are we watching the same show? Mikage is the archetypal meek anime girl.

The rest of us are, but I'm not sure about you.

OnimaruXLR posted:

Mikage is just awkward. Which makes her a good match for Hachiken.

Less awkward than just passive, I think. I feel like that's what this episode was about, everyone just passively accepting their fates with a "Well, what can you do?" perspective.

I think it's really neat that the show explores both extremes: it looks at how people in the agriculture world will watch their life fall apart and not really do anything about it, but on the other hand there's Hachiken who works so hard to achieve what no one else will that it puts him in the hospital.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Mar 8, 2014

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Mikl posted:

This second season of the anime has really bad pacing, compared to the first season and especially compared to the manga. It's still a really good show, but I think they could have done it a lot better.

I think the pacing is fine actually, and not too different from the first season. It feels a lot harder and faster mostly because the climax is a lot higher.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
With it's popularity, I think we can expect more seasons as long as the manga keeps going.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

wow i thought there were way more chapters than that. then there most likely wont be a third season because i dont think this has sold that well over in japan, and the manga has always been a hit. kind of disappointing because this show was very good.

Isn't a live action movie in the works? I think Silver Spoon is plenty popular in Japan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

If the manga remains popular, it's potentially likely that an S3 may come about given that any boosts in manga sales would be difficult to eke out at that level so something like this might be the ticket.

It'll come when Chihayafuru S3 comes though. I'm sure of it.

Is Chihayafuru S3 the anime version of Half Life 3 now? There's a good chance we'll get it eventually, unlike the latter.

• Locked thread