Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

wodin posted:

I hope the show is doing ok in Japan so we can get more!

I don't know about the show but if I remember right the manga was like the third or fourth best-selling series in Japan last year so you shouldn't have to worry about its popularity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013
I'm willing to admit my dad and uncles might not be the fastest in the world but it takes them the better part of a day to clean a deer. Granted the one in the show is really small but you also need to make allowances for walking someone through it for the first time. It would probably take more than a couple of hours like they suggested.

Also I think they kind of undersold the harvester from the last episode. I was standing next to a combine a few weeks ago and those things are freakin' huge. The top of the cab was at least two stories high.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

coreycoryecorey posted:

Nah it shouldn't take a whole day to clean a deer, I think your dad and uncles are probably just busy chatting and drinking beers; I know that is what happens when my stepdad and his buddies go hunting. It would take a while when you walk someone through it the first time, but I also think it would be even harder to skin it with it laying on the ground. All the ones I have ever cleaned you hang them up. Another thing is anytime I have ever killed a deer or been hunting with someone who did, you gut the animal right there where you killed it. You don't really want to leave the innards and stuff in there while you are travelling in case they burst and ruin the meat.

Anyways this show is really great. I grew up in rural West Virginia and where my family lives the cell service is super spotty, the only internet available is by satellite, and no pizza place delivers out that far so I can kind of relate to this show. It is just a refreshing show I don't know what else to say about it. I just have the biggest and dumbest grin the whole time I watch it. Any show that makes me do that is 5 stars in my book.

Not a whole day the better part of one. Like four or five hours maybe. But yeah I doubt they are trying to set any speed records.

And I assumed he didn't gut the deer right there because it was only a mile or so up the road to the farm so it was probably easier than trying to do it there rather than on the side of the road in the dark. They also make a big deal about bears so he might have felt it was unsafe there. And he also admits he wants to gently caress with Hachiken so if it was already gutted that would remove a big part of that.

Speaking of bears I'm kind of surprised Japan would still have any. The UK managed to extinct all its large predators centuries ago. Get with the program, Japan :colbert:.

• Locked thread