Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Mikl posted:

CHICKEN CHOP

I'm already loving this anime :allears:

I was just on another forum talking about what summer anime people were watching and of course I was enthused about Silver Spoon. Someone replied saying they couldn't get past this part in and claimed they wouldn't be opening it up again.

It's understandable if certain farming aspects make people squeamish, but this says volumes about how separated some are from food production and its source and it made me kind of bitter. I'm taking my farming animes too seriously. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

The Devil Tesla posted:

Actually, a huge theme of the show is the value knowing how your food is made.

Indeed! I've been following the manga as well so that's why I was even more embittered by the person's response to the first episode since I think that theme is so very important and that this series presents it so well.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I really shouldn't have watched this episode repeatedly for the pizza. I ended up making my own yesterday. Note that I do not possess a working oven or a pizza stone, just a sturdy toaster oven.

Still, I managed to make pizza dough from scratch with a simple recipe and my own sauce. Definitely worth it.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Aug 7, 2013

• Locked thread