Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Do you actually see anything for getting that weight in Wistful Wild? I have every other treasure in the game and don't feel like running caves for purples unless it does something besides tick the file over to 100%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

MissileWaster posted:

I haven't done mission 5 yet, but mission 4 was pretty challenging, even though I finished it with almost a full minute. It's one where you have to be absolutely on top of all three captains and what they are doing, you need to have a really solid route, and of course a little bit of luck.

I think the first treasure hunting mission has probably been the hardest though. You just do not have that much time to waste, and since you only have the one captain multitasking is extremely limited. The second mission just required a decent enough route and knowing ahead of time where each captain needs to be at a given time. The fourth takes that concepts and gives it a heaping helping of steroids.

Treasure 1 Platinum tip:
You can whistle down a bunch of red and rock pikmin from the back gold pile from the start, giving you pretty much double starting pikmin and the rest just kind of goes smooth sailing from there.

32 days and about 10 hours (left it on a few times? not sure) for a 66 fruit first run. Absolutely loved it, but drat I wish it didn't end so fast. Especially when that last level was just so insane. Playing some of the missions now, was hoping to have a friend come by to help with some of the multitasking on the harder ones but have blown through the first three on platinum second try (okay, third on lake). Do the boss/fights/later treasure ranks get more challenging? Would be awesome if we got some real DLC challenge maps.

Oh, also for anyone who has finished the missions already, do we need to platinum everything in order to find out what the comet during the end credits was, or does it unlock after just completing them all?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Alright, Treasure 4 is nice. A few tries and I keep having the last fruit/pellets in sight of the ship.

Calling it a night, but I think I'll continue to use spicy on my winged dudes to take out the blowfish, send all purples straight to the bulborb, but instead of sending the yellows to help with the bulborb they will either start working on the glass if the bridge is up or at least bring fruit closer to the bridge.

• Locked thread