Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Youtube journalist(?) GameXplain is doing a quasi-playthrough. He's not the best but certainly not the worst.

Just realize it's commentated and he can't read Japanese. Also watch out as in a few days I fully expect a spoiler thumbnail of the final boss on his channel. (He has a apparent reputation for it)
Goddamn, I'd seen trailers and screenshots, but it didn't really hit me how beautiful this game is until I saw it during regular ol' gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

I've never understood this complaint. I always thought that the product placement added to the game's charm in a significant way. It really emphasized that we were exploring our earth of the future and finding very familiar items that Olimar had no clue what they were. Finding a Vlasic pickle lid feels more real than finding Capn Briney's Crunchy Pickles would have.

But perhaps I am just a willing pawn of our consumption based society.
Nah, I agree. It's pretty organic product placement, and it contributes to the humor of Olimar and the President just randomly guessing what they're supposed to be.

• Locked thread