Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Man, I'm up to day 8 in Pikmin 3 and I am in love with this game. I feel like an idiot for skipping Pikmin 2, I'll definitely have to buy it once I'm done with 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

TF2 MINING RIG posted:

Playing this is pretty stressful at times, even more than the original I think. Can't wait to try out the cooperative missions.

The game seems to throw a ridiculous amount of fruit at you, so I don't feel as bad if I finish a day without doing everything I wanted. I'm on day 8 and I think I have like 11 or 12 bottles of fruit juice. (And the three stages I have unlocked still have a ton of fruit to collect)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

Are there any journal logs or asides in this game? I loved those in the previous two games.

There's a diary entry at the end of each day. There's also logs written by Olimar but I've only got one of those so far.

If anyone is interested in seeing the mission mode, I made a video of the first 'Collect Treasure' one. (There's no commentary or anything, it's just gameplay) It surprised me how strict the time limit is, you need to plan your route pretty carefully if you want to get a Platinum ranking. I haven't played Pikmin 2 so I can't really compare the two games mission modes, but I'm liking it a lot.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm kinda stuck and there's not really any walkthroughs around right now, so can someone in the thread tell me where I'm supposed to go? I just beat the second boss.

I got Charlie, but I don't know where to go next. I did a bunch of stuff requiring 3 people in the Tropical Wilds and there's a signal there I'm supposed to try and reach, but I can't figure out how. Do I need to get blue or flying Pikmin to proceed or something? I feel dumb

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

DuFfY posted:

Look around close to the spawn area!

Go to the Tropical Wilds. Head over the first bridge you built and hang a right. There is a section requiring all 3 captains, you need to throw 2 to the middle platform and then one of them throws the other to the opposite side. There is a ramp here to push down and a path to the signal area.

Thanks! I had picked up the datafile on that platform on an earlier day without realising I could reach another area from it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There is truly nothing sadder in this world than Pikmin death

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I would be pretty interested in seeing people's end game stats because I feel like mine are kind of terrible Linked in case people don't want...fruit spoiled?

I lost a ridiculous amount of Pikmin. I got reckless in the last 8 days or so where I was just gathering all of the fruit and I think that's actually where most of the deaths happened. (Especially the blue pikmin deaths) I also lost like 90 in the final boss fight. 13 hours is probably a lot slower than most people too, because early on in the game I constantly restarted if I didn't do everything I wanted in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I saw this beautiful thing on the Art Academy Miiverse and felt like I should share it

• Locked thread