Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Man, I don't have a WiiU but reading this thread is making me want to play 2 again. That desire will probably hold until the exact moment I find myself standing at the entrance to the Submerged Castle. :smithicide: I just hate that frog so much.

In all the times I've played the game I've still never remembered to bring whites into that one cave with a buried treasure but no poison warning. Maybe this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

shmee posted:

There are a bunch of puzzles which require you to have all three people to manipulate Pikmin and platforms. It's really enjoyable.

I'm really glad to hear this. Louie wasn't good for much of anything in 2 other than micromanaging, it seemed like such a waste.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Ernie Muppari posted:

Hopefully this knowledge will drastically reduce non-bug related Wollywog casualties.

Wow, they didn't fix that stupid bug in the Wii version?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

The minimum run for Pikmin 2 actually used to be 8, but I just went and looked it up and apparently people have managed to work it down to 7.

...And on that same journey I've just discovered that people have worked Pikmin 1 from 9 days down to 6. What the gently caress? :stonk:

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Yeah, I knew about sequence breaking FoH but I'd have never guessed any of them could be done fast enough to get the whole place done in a day.

Pikmin 2 in seven days seems pretty crazy as well. It requires using a glitch to get blues on day three so you can complete the Perplexing Pool in a single day.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

MissileWaster posted:

The Pikmin 6 day speed run on YouTube from 2011 is a real console run, and it's pretty amazing.

Good god, I'm watching it right now. Day 2 is unreal. :stare: Whoever first pathed that out is bonkers.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Nephzinho posted:

Do you actually see anything for getting that weight in Wistful Wild? I have every other treasure in the game and don't feel like running caves for purples unless it does something besides tick the file over to 100%.

Yes, you get to see the 100% completion cutscene. Level 8 of the Subterranean Complex has three purple candypop buds, farm them there, it doesn't take long at all.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

dijon du jour posted:

That would actually be really cool. After Pikmin 2 had the focus on the treasure collecting aspect a Pikmin game with instead dozens of different enemies to defeat and catalog would be awesome.

This is the one I watched, it's pretty crazy. No-death speedruns of Pikmin 1 are always great because you can physically feel the paranoia when the Puffstool dies.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Bulbears aren't that bad. Go fight the Ranging Bloyster and consider other applications for the technique. :science:

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Bulbears home in on the captains? I never knew that. I just assumed they would always go straight for your pikmin so I never bothered switching.

No, but they will aggro to anything attacking them from behind, so you can apply the same basic principle. Just gotta be quick.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Why are they there at all? It's a video game, if you can't beat the boss you don't get to get past the boss. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

The solution is to turn as many Bulbmin into other kinds of Pikmin as possible!

But then what happens to the Bulborbs? :ohdear:

• Locked thread