Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Is there any way to switch the camera angle to top-down? Or zoom out manually? Because I just fought that giant spider in the Distant Tundra and not being able to see it half the time because of the camera is pure loving evil. So many Pikmin deaths. And the drat thing didn't even leave a corpse! What a dick.

Also, the final boss's insistence on making you hit the exact middle of those orbs to get the blocks while running from Stabby McGee the Plasma Wraith is a loving nightmare. I'm sitting there chucking Blues at a water orb while running for my life and if they don't get dead center, they just stand in the middle of the thing like dead fish. Christ, makes me remember the good ol' days of Pikmin 1 and Emperor Bulbax like it was a beach vacation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

dijon du jour posted:

Overall the difficulty is a pretty gentle curve, with the exception of the last level, which has a noticeable spike. Without revealing too much, this spike comes a lot from the final level suddenly putting you under a set of rules and constraints that you have never encountered before in the game. Once you take a couple of in-game days to get used to them, though, they aren't too bad (just very stressful).

Anyway, apparently some new DLC has been released recently? I won't be near my Wii-U for a couple weeks but has anyone played it yet? It it worth buying?

Yeah, once you get the hang of the game, and get a good juice supply so you have time to burn, the difficulty curve is pretty easy, aside from the occasional boss. But it's important to remember that you can always run away if you're a pansy if a boss is kicking your rear end too much and restock on Pikmin and rethink your strategy.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I always use the third to just stand at the ship and pluck Pikmin once they flower up. There's probably a much more efficient way to use three characters, but damned if I can figure it out.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'd suggest tracking down 2 as it's longer and way more diverse then 3 (though a little less polished as a result). 1 has no real variation to it and I don't personally think it's aged well outside of being a good speedrun game.

Yeah, 2 is really cool. I guess I can see why people wanted to get back the time limit aspect of the first game for 3, but I just really fuckin' loved the dungeon crawling in 2. So fun.

• Locked thread