Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

I randomly rented Pikmin from a store when I was a kid. I loved the game so much I bought a copy of it before my rental was even up. It's just such a charming game full of so many neat creatures and settings. I loved it so much. These games are a big part of what got me involved in biology. One of my favorite things about Pikmin 2 was getting to read Olimar's field science reports about all the bizzare life on that planet. They had people sit down and look at each enemy, then think about what place they would have in the weird bizzare ecosystem that had taken hold of earth. People actually thought about the lives of floating ballon bugs that spit bombs and giant frogs with a burning desire to squash everything.

And then you beat the game and get to read Louie's hosed up ideas about cooking bugs :shepface:

I'm a huge sucker for these kinds of things in games and Pikmin2's was about the best ever, beating out even FFXII's insanely detailed bestiary with cool original artwork. I am so hoping something like it comes back in Pikmin 3, maybe with the new captains bickering about the discoveries in the log or something.

Any goons in Japan playing this already? It's out there today right? With PAL and US getting it later this month and early next month I think.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Jul 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread