Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

LAY-ZX posted:

...And on that same journey I've just discovered that people have worked Pikmin 1 from 9 days down to 6. What the gently caress? :stonk:

For a moment I thought there had to be some weird glitch involved because you have to visit each of the first two levels a second time after getting blue Pikmin. But then I remembered some creative "sequence breaking" you can do in the Forest of Hope:
  • Whistle Pikmin across the water to build the bridge from the Libra,
  • Toss yellows w/bomb-rocks onto the top of the waterlogged gate leading to the Cannon Beetle/Radiation Canopy,
  • Toss Pikmin onto the pushable box leading to the Snagrets/Geiger Counter, then carefully whistle them down to the other side from within the water.
But I always figured that would take way too long to be worthwhile in a speedrun. I'd be really surprised if this isn't a TAS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread