Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accursed Walrus
Sep 4, 2011

Do The Mario
Oh hey, there's a Pikmin megathread? How about that.

Pikmin is one of those games I've always meant to get, but I waited for Pikmin 3.

Basically what I'm saying is that I'm getting my first Pikmin game on Sunday and I have no clue what to do. Are there any rules of thumb or things like that I should know before I start?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accursed Walrus
Sep 4, 2011

Do The Mario
Just got my all fruits collected done. On the release date. drat i have too much time

Well that was fun!

41 days, 700 deaths.

The good news is now I can start a new run where I don't gently caress up as much.

But still, a good game to start the series with. Maybe I'll try Pikmin 1 and 2 at some point.

Accursed Walrus
Sep 4, 2011

Do The Mario
So uh

Something happened with my graphics on the replay.

http://imgur.com/a/zS1S8

I just don't even know what happened. It just went crazy during the first boss fight and was fine after I went to the home menu :psyduck:

Accursed Walrus
Sep 4, 2011

Do The Mario

MissileWaster posted:

Hey guys, don't detonate a bomb rock in a group of bomb rocks. Yeah it'll kill any enemies in the area, but that big of a boom will wipe out all the Pikmin in your group :v:

I just got the last fruits, I missed one Secret File that I'm going to go back for real quick, then on to the last boss. I can't find a list of regular Data Files anywhere so I'm not sure if I missed any of those.

E: Managed to find the last few data files I was missing, now all that's left is getting all of the files in the final area (and actually fighting the final boss I guess..)

Do all the sections of the log fill up completely (ie 30 slots in a section therefore 30 files in that section) or do some of them remain empty?

Accursed Walrus
Sep 4, 2011

Do The Mario

Zaphod42 posted:

This really needs to be emphasized and screamed from the hilltops, as the game doesn't tell you about it afaik. Maybe a note that I haven't gotten mentions it, but unlike the dodge you don't need any upgrades to use it, you have it from the very beginning, but almost nobody notices until they're like halfway through.

Actually, there are notes about locking on and charging. It's just that they aren't given to you as data files (they come with the KopPad), so unless you go to the controls section yourself and look at it, you wouldn't know. (It's Z to lock on and shake nunchuk to charge with Wiimote+Nunchuk)

Also, nthing this as important. This is so useful because of its versatility - you can send your squad at a group of fragments, at a dirt mound, and most importantly, at bosses.

Accursed Walrus
Sep 4, 2011

Do The Mario
Man, the secret file video was kinda neat.

But what bothers me is that my web page was titled "[a bunch of japanese characters] 3", which makes me wonder if the video varies by console as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accursed Walrus
Sep 4, 2011

Do The Mario

dijon du jour posted:

Maybe we should all share what video we got? Mine was Olimar at the river. He talked about a bug in his file software that caused him to drop files everywhere. It also showed what suspiciously looked like gameplay footage of playing as Louie.

Unless I'm horribly messing this up, mine is actually different. Olimar is at a river and talks about him stumbling across a key and wondering what it could be for. Then it cuts to the "gameplay footage" with Louie and then Olimar says something about watching out for the crabs. Mine was titled "Olimar's Expedition Log - In the Wilds -" if that helps.

• Locked thread