Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Pikmin 3 also continues the tradition of bringing back the loving Bulbears.

Bulbears are basically enemies with no set path and will literally go straight for your pikmin if it sees you, also little versions will follow it too.

God help me if they bring back the water wraith and gatling goink too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Theres nothing like meta commentary on the Duracell battery or 7-up bottle caps claiming they are alien billboards or civilizations greatest feats.

My favorite is they claim a glove is a 5-man napsack.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Nothing quite like seeing the head of ROB which was previously in the belly of a slime spider....whole...somehow...

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Beep boop master Alph, I can see that you're pikmin are low in numbers, I advise that you stock up on more for the challenges ahead. There's a 56% chance you can find a pellet around the bend.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

dijon du jour posted:

We already know Bulbears are in the game. Isn't that enough terror for you without adding Gatling Groinks? :gonk:

(Discussion point: what's worse; Gatling Groinks or Bulbears?)

Easily Bulbears, they have no set pattern and will make a beeline for your pikmin the moment they see you, and their little variants will follow them too.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

...of SCIENCE! posted:

According to the Pikmin wiki, Pikmin 3 has full-blown "Do this, attack here" pictograms explaining how to beat every single boss. Euuugh...
I'm pretty sure those are optional, you don't have to pick them up unless you really suck or something.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Unfortunately todays gamers have been spoonfed their games, which is why people can't figure out why metroid can't crawl, or understand how to wall hump in megaman X.

Also printed manuals are basically the way of the dodo now.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

in another case of "why isn't this the boxart" for Nintendo manuals.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Blehh the wait for this game is so painful, knowing full well everyone else has it, and playing pikmin 2 to feed my hunger isn't helping enough.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

njsykora posted:

Got to the 3rd boss, was kind of a pushover. Only lost 1 Pikmin and it was red so who the hell cares.

You monster, every life matters! Even if this game makes it almost impossibly hard to do a no death run, I vow never to have one die on my watch.

You don't know how many times I had to reset levels in the water wraith stages :negative:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

LAY-ZX posted:

But then what happens to the Bulborbs? :ohdear:

nature dictates theres infinity of them everytime you re-enter the same hole, so don't worry!

What really needs to go extinct are the terrible bulbears :argh:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Welp I sure am a great Pikmin Shepard! I let a bunch of them die taking grapes to the ship by monsters, and then the majority of them die when a hippie spider lands on them! :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I've been playing this game for the past two days and its been great, theres also something interesting to note about.

the olimar journal notes, I honestly think Nintendo is implying this is the pikmin 3 DLC, the treasure collecting with Olimar and Louie trying to get the S.S Dolphin back, I also really like how they're pretty much like the pikmin 2 notes complete with thinking about his family

big spoilers obviously.

• Locked thread