Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raizor
Apr 23, 2012

DIGITAL
I really like the fruit. I might like treasure more, but fruit doesn't play quite as large a role in 3 as treasure did in 2, considering the more blatant narrative stuff in 3 about finding the drive key. Something I can definitely say I really like about the Pikmin series in general, now that 3 is out, is how it handles its sequels. Every game has felt both like a step forward and a step sideways. The gameplay in 3 is probably mechanically better than it was in 2 and 1, but every game has it's own thing going on that makes it worth playing and I think they all hold up against each other pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raizor
Apr 23, 2012

DIGITAL
I had trouble there too and it drove me similarly nuts. I think my biggest problems were not immediately realizing I could swap pikmin over the stream, and not fully grasping the "Go Here" function, which is definitely my absolute favourite addition to the series now that I've completed it.

Raizor
Apr 23, 2012

DIGITAL
I played through the entire game with the gamepad and didn't even consider switching to the remote. It was a bit hard to adjust to moving both myself and the cursor simultaneously but you get used to it really quickly. The only problem that might persist longer is hitting aerial enemies, but you eventually get a feel for that too. It's very playable.

• Locked thread