Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Half of them talk about dipping sauce or how you'll be stuck in a bathroom for days.

Louie was kind of weird.

Don't many of the log entries you can get while you're still paying off the loan suggest that Louie's actually a competent cook?

It's been a while since I last played 2 and this thread it making me super want to go through again (and actually rescue Louie this time!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

So I decided to be completely irresponsible and picked up the Wii versions of 1 & 2 even though I have perfectly good GC copies laying around because "holy crap widescreen!".

Pikmin 1 is exactly as charming as I remember it...but...am I just super out of practice, or does your whistle not work reliably in the Wii version? Becasue I'm losing an awful lot of 'mins to critters that I distinctly remember being able to fairly reliably take out without any casualties due to some of the Pikmin just not responding to my call.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Pikmin 1's whistle is a lot worse than 2's and it doesn't actually call all the pikmin in its range until the end of the whistle, so if you want to call a group quickly just expand the whistle around them and then let go. In Pikmin 2 they changed it so the whistle calls a pikmin the moment it's in the zone for any length of time which feels a lot more responsive.

What? Why would they design it like that? :psyduck:

I guess I never noticed it in the GC version because you couldn't quickly shift where the cursor was so why not just blow the whistle at full blast? Hopefully this knowledge will drastically reduce non-bug related Wollywog casualties.

Ernie Muppari fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jul 17, 2013

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

LAY-ZX posted:

Wow, they didn't fix that stupid bug in the Wii version?

I can't say for sure (due to not having played my GC copy in years), but it seems worse on the Wii. Like, I have yet to have a day after the tutorial where I haven't lost any Pikmin to that stupid crushing bug. On the plus side, it's like exposure therapy for my obsessive need to get through strategy games without casualties. :v:

"What's that? I lost 20 guys because the Puffstool's corpse fell on them? Welp, whadda' ya' gonna' do?"

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Also, as far as I can tell there is only one save file, so my brother can't play the story mode until I clear it. That's just ridiculous.

The game keeps one save per profile. Your brother can play his own game without messing with yours if he switches to his own profile on the Wii U.

^Yeah that.

• Locked thread