Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
I know this is a ten year old game but I'll use spoiler tags anyway.

I loved Pikmin 2. It took Pikmin 1 and made it almost perfect (the OP spelled out how really well in the first post)

But, the thing that I probably love the most about Pikmin 2 was the super optional but nearly impossible final boss Titan Dweevil at the end of a very very hard cave consisting of 14 floors. Titan Dweevil was the giant bug thing that Louie was a part of that spewed fire, water, lightning, and poison gas. What floored me was just how hard that last boss was. I was thinking, this is a Nintendo game, and it took everything I had to beat that bad guy! It felt so good to finally win.

How many of you managed to actually take that final bad guy out?

The only other time I can think that Nintendo included such an insanely difficult alternate task in a video game was the final star for "The Perfect Run" in Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Let's hope they have some really really really hard optional final boss in Pikmin 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
Since we're talking strategies for Titan Dweevil I'll post mine that finally worked.

I too had the problem of the water attack reaching the Pikmin I thought would be safe in a corner. Instead the water attack still got em and they died.

So, I had Olimar take an army of a single color and had the President stay in the corner with the rest of my pikmin. I would have Olimar attack the weapon the current Pikmin are immune to and retreat/dodge during all other attacks.

When the dreaded water attack happened I would switch to the President. If you spam the whistle on Pikmin that are attacked with water they won't die.

So then you just keep taking out the weapons. Also use your potions. You can temporarily freeze the enemy with one potion and increase the melee damage your Pikmin do with another potion.

When a weapon is destroyed, change the color of Pikmin Olimar is controlling and take out the next weapon using a Pikmin that is resistant to it.

• Locked thread