Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

Mr. Trampoline posted:

Does this go up at midnight on the eShop, or do I have to wait until tomorrow?
It's live now and went up at midnight EST like always. Search for Pikmin and you can buy it from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

Internet Kraken posted:

So I just got in this game and I'm feeling a bit disappointed, which is shocking since I'd been looking forward to this for years. I can't get over the controls, which feel aggressively terrible. Aiming feels really weird due to movement and cursor control beind tied to the same stick. I don't like this lock on feature and want to just move freely, but it feels like you have to use it. Furthermore, the lack of a C stick is killing me. Pikmin feel terribly slow and sluggish. I fought the first boss and lost like half my army because despite knowing exactly how to beat it, I had no way to get my Pikmin to move away from it's charge and they would just get caught on his mouth and die. Am I missing something? I'm using the gamepad, maybe the Wii controller handles better,

Also, as far as I can tell there is only one save file, so my brother can't play the story mode until I clear it. That's just ridiculous.

VVVVV I'll try out the wii mote control scheme then. I'm not sure what dodge thing you're talking about since the game never mentioned it though. The manual made it sound like I needed to find an item or something before I could use it.
If you hold down R you can aim your cursor manually without moving at the same time. It helps. A lot.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

WaffleStomp posted:

I've never played Pikman 1 or 2, but I'm starved for some Nintendo titles on my U. Many of the reviews I've read say that the chuck and wiimote should be used, but I only have a the U gamepad. Would I be wasting money buy picking this up, or is the game perfectly playable with the gamepad?
Using the gamepad alone is perfectly fine and most of the precision complaints from people are overcome by holding down the R button to manually aim.

• Locked thread