Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DuFfY
Oct 1, 2005

brace yourself
I'm pretty stoked for this game, I played the absolute hell out of both of the originals - both the original GameCube versions and the Wii re-releases.

Is there any word as to how many mission mode stages there are? I'm expecting fewer yet larger, intricately designed stages (a la the original game) versus the numerous, procedurally generated stages of Pikmin 2. Combine this with the tighter mechanics of Pikmin 2 and I'll be locked to my couch for months to come. One more week... (Aus goon heh :smuggo:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuFfY
Oct 1, 2005

brace yourself
Thanks PaletteSwappedNinja, those answers were pretty much exactly what I wanted to hear. It will be interesting to see some of the speed-runs which emerge from this game.

DuFfY
Oct 1, 2005

brace yourself
Look around close to the spawn area!

Go to the Tropical Wilds. Head over the first bridge you built and hang a right. There is a section requiring all 3 captains, you need to throw 2 to the middle platform and then one of them throws the other to the opposite side. There is a ramp here to push down and a path to the signal area.

DuFfY
Oct 1, 2005

brace yourself
Finished this up yesterday. Amazing game! Completed with 100% fruit in 32 days, but missing 2 or 3 secret memos. There were definitely many places where I could cut down on days, I do wonder what the quickest possible run will be. I finished with a little over 1000 pikmin, but I lost around 200 so I feel like a irredeemable monster.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I have no idea how to get to this signal.

Head back to where you found the pink onion and break the dam.

DuFfY
Oct 1, 2005

brace yourself
The purpose of these videos (the ones accessible through via secret codes) has me intrigued. Do they exist to fuel hype and speculation for future expansions, or could they possibly be another breadcrumb in the trail towards unlocking something new in the existing game? I'm tempted to travel to each map and take first-person photos from the same position as Olimar is being filmed in each, but I fear I'm looking too deeply into it.

I had a blast playing the game, the story mode was really solid. I wonder how long until the first 10 day/100% fruit run hits youtube...

The mission mode was nice touch, but I felt the platinum medals could have been a bit harder. There is still incentive to go back and beat my times in each, but I would have enjoyed a map where it was simply impossible to collect everything. The idea of going back to get just one more piece of fruit or kill one more monster is more appealing that trying to shave a few seconds off my best time.

• Locked thread