Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

belgend posted:

Vanhaezebrouck to Gent next season, RIP Hein's career.

Hope he stays longer than 4 months. We'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

So Oostende never applied for a license to play Eurofoot before they realised they actually had a chance for it. As a result, if they win the playoff 2 final, there won't be a final EL playoff round in Belgium and the 4th placed team in playoff 1 plays EL without further ado.

As it stands, Oostende will still play the games against Kortrijk, which pisses off Gent, which makes me do all the laughs.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Nominations for player of the year are up:

Michy Batshuayi (Standard)
Thorgan Hazard (Zulte Waregem)
Hamdi Harbaoui (Tun/Lokeren)
Maxime Lestienne (Club Brugge)
Hans Vanaken (Lokeren)

lol @ the token Lestienne nomination

If Standard win it, it's going to be Batshuayi, if not, I'd prefer Hazard or even Vanaken.

Trainer of the year:

Francky Dury (Zulte Waregem)
Peter Maes (Lokeren)
Michel Preud'homme (Club Brugge)

Gotta be my man Dury. He's a miracle worker, moulding a pile of constantly injured poo poo into third place champions.

Young player of the year:

Bjorn Engels (Club Brugge)
Chancel Mbemba (Con/Anderlecht)
Youri Tielemans (Anderlecht)

It's going to be Tielemans.

Keeper:

Eiji Kawashima (Jap/Standard)
Silvio Proto (Anderlecht)
Matt Ryan (Aus/Club Brugge)

None, they're all rubbish.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Vanaken - Maes - Mbemba - Ryan imo

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Yeah, pretty ridiculous from Louwagie & De Witte to try and claim that spot in the final of POII. The season's over guys, accept it. Let it go.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Well cone Club, the best way to celebrate that you've won the youth cup is indeed beating up families of Gent supporters. :bravo:

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Blue Army should burn to the ground imo, dumb shits still thinking acting like the X-Side is still cool

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Blue Army doesn't have anything to do with this you momo.

Also congrats to the police for having exactly 0 police officers there.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Excellent mindgames by whoever's coaching Club's youth team.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Lolkeren

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

We gon gently caress it up

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

or not yay

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

or yes lol

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Holy poo poo we won at Sclessin.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
gently caress yes eat poo poo Standard.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Way to let everyone down, Genk.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Waregem pls do the needful so the mauves at least don't get the title

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

We will and I'm sure we'll get some help from *looks at card* Lokeren??? Uh-oh.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

So, Maes is trainer of the year and Tielemans is young player of the year. Fair enough.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Don't know if this is the right thread, but here's Wilmots' selection for the world cup:

If Casteels is fit in time, Proto will stay home.
Origi is the biggest surprise on that list, and ofcourse, the best paid soccer player ever is going to Brazil.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I'm sad we're taking that idiot fucker Fellaini to Brazil. Nainggolan is a much better choice. I guess Wilmots sees the value in having a big, immobile elbow-throwing wasteman in the squad, I dunno.

Now I'm going to sacrifice some cattle to the football gods and pray that our back four don't suddenly die.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I'm sure adding Vanden Borre and Proto and getting rid of Simons is going to do miracles for the atmosphere in the group.

Vanden Borre is going to add a much needed working spirit and Proto will be so happy sitting in the stands as a backup to Courtois and Mignolet.

Combined with the tactical mastermind of Wilmots and this campaign can't fail.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I think I read somewhere they were going to drag Simons along as a non-player, so he can essentially do the same thing he's been doing so far.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

R. Mute posted:

I think I read somewhere they were going to drag Simons along as a non-player, so he can essentially do the same thing he's been doing so far.

Yeah, I've thought about this too. "But Simons creates an excellent atmosphere!" So why not drag him along as mental coach or whatever.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

quote:

Ik hoop dat hij later in mijn staf komt werken. Hij moet nu eerst alles laten bezinken en een paar dagen nadenken.
http://www.nieuwsblad.be/SportWereld/cnt/DMF20140513_032

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

R. Mute posted:

That's dumb. The value of Simons in a group is that he's a training maniac who will lead by example. Put him outside the group and he loses most of his value there. Plus you could still use him as a defensive player who will do exactly as he's told and who is as close to a guaranteed goal as possible when you let him take a penalty kick.

Anyway, I don't particularly care that he won't go, because as you said he would most likely not play for a minute.

But when you replace team players by lazy egomaniacs, that's a very risky choice. I haven't forgotten how Mertens recovered a ball that Vanden Borre couldn't be bothered with in a recent game and I had assumed Wilmots would have seen that too. It appears he hasn't.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Our defence just has a far lower bar than our midfield. Hopefully, Vanden Borre won't even play.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

"hmm i can make a midfield w witsel/de bruyne-nainggolan-januzaj and hazard & de bruyne on the flanks for big rom; how about i don't do that" - marc wilmots, two months before the world cup

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

No Dembele in your fantasy line-up?

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

R. Mute posted:

No Dembele in your fantasy line-up?

*in wilmots voice* ive only got three spots on the midfield

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

belgend posted:

"hmm i can make a midfield w witsel/de bruyne-nainggolan-januzaj and hazard & de bruyne on the flanks for big rom; how about i don't do that" - marc wilmots, two months before the world cup

I agree, 1 De Bruyne is nog enough. 2 is the minimum IMO.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

beedeebee posted:

I agree, 1 De Bruyne is nog enough. 2 is the minimum IMO.

woops, pretend the second de bruyne is driezegol

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Man, I've been watching Origi's goals here and they're unimpressive as gently caress. Tap-ins, bad defending, worse goalkeeping. Eh.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

R. Mute posted:

Man, I've been watching Origi's goals here and they're unimpressive as gently caress. Tap-ins, bad defending, worse goalkeeping. Eh.

*cups ear* What's that? Our youth team strikers are overrated? *grabs along Siebe Schrijvers while Yannick Carrasco has a cry*

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008

R. Mute posted:

Don't know which ones you watched, I saw some pretty good ones. Either way, goal compilations are a terrible way to judge a player. I've seen him play with Lille a couple of times and he's very impressive for his age, even if he's not a real target man. Better than Batshuayi/Vossen in any case.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
The hardest part about the world cup will be deciding where you watch the games. Holy gently caress, so many places/people organise stuff and it owns.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

RIP Club's most powerful fan

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Who did exactly jack poo poo for us.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

Hey, he went and told City that maybe they could get looked at for FFP if they didn't behave which eventually didn't happen. Trickle down economics or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

looks like im a rouche fan on sunday

• Locked thread