Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Is there any way to find cheap international flights anymore? I am really considering flying stand by.

I need to get from Southern California (LAX/SD) to either Geneva, Paris, Marseille or Seville. I am noticing that leaving any day this week and returning a week later is about $1,000-$1,300. I was hoping to sneak in on a last minute flight but it look's like it's just not do-able. My dates and destination are flexible. I'd prefer Geneva but I am open to any of those other European cities.

I was really hoping I could scoop up a round trip flight for $750.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Mackieman posted:

Um, well, if you wanted to go this week, you waited entirely too long to purchase tickets if you were hoping for cheap fares. Generally speaking, fares go up the closer to departure you get. If you want to wait until mid-November you can do LAX-MAD for $941, but if you want to leave in the next couple of days, be prepared to fork over the cash.

drat that sucks. I used to always be able to find a last minute ticket for cheap, guess my luck ran out.