Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
So, I'm heading over to Scandinavia for a mid-year holiday and trying to find the cheapest possible prices. I've already fed it into kayak and matrix but was wondering if you wizards had any suggestions.

Looking to fly from Brisbane BNE to Stockholm ARN, leaving 28th June and returning around 2nd August. I'm flexible with leaving earlier / returning later, for at least a few days, but want to maximise the amount of time I have over there. Also totally fine with flying into other airports, layovers, etc etc.

Also been wondering - is there any major benefit to booking months in advance? How close to departure dates do the prices start to spike upwards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Brisbane to Stockholm, departing anywhere between 20-25 June, returning 3-7 August.

Finally in a position to book my flights; can't find anywhere that will get below ~$2,100 AUD. This is.... ok, but was wondering if the ticket wizards here could find anything better?

I'm considering flying to Copenhagen and taking a train, which does appear to be a cheaper option.

I also thought maybe flying to London or Paris first then taking a Ryanair flight might work, but they both seem to be more expensive to fly to....

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Anyone have any experience with Tripsta, CheapOair, BravoFly, Priceline etc?

I think I remember someone saying that CheapO is ok, but hell if you want to change your flight at all?

They're all cutting enough off the price to make me dubious.

E: Well a quick google search seems to indicate that they're all pretty untrustworthy. poo poo.

Hollandia fucked around with this message at 09:36 on May 10, 2015