Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sentientcarbon
Aug 21, 2008

OFFLINE GAMES ARE THE FUTURE OF ONLINE GAMING

The numbers don't lie. 99.99% of every Diablo 3 player wants the game to be offline. This is a FACT.

OH SHIT IS THAT A WEBCAM? HOLY CRAP GET THAT AWAY FROM ME! (I am terrified of being spied on, because I am a very interesting person)
Less of a specific trip question, more of a travel hacky question I guess:

So my girlfriend and I are currently doing the distance thing, her in San Francisco, me in Houston. As a result, I'm doing a lot of IAH/HOU->SFO/OAK trips these days, usually about one or two a month. For the most part, I've been getting my tickets by popping open Priceline/Expedia/Kayak/Southwestern tabs and just taking the cheapest (Priceline is usually the cheapest, typically about $350-400, though I've done as low as $300 and as high as $450), usually booking about 2 weeks to a month in advance. About ~75% of these have ended up being US Airways flights that connect in PHX.

On my US Airways flight back to IAH today, they did a typical airline credit card spiel, and I zoned out until I heard the bonus miles amount: 40K bonus miles after your first purchase with the card, and just an $89 annual fee. After I landed, just for shits and giggles I checked how many miles my next planned trip would be (IAH->SFO for Valentine's, so from about 2/14-2/18 give or take a day on either end), and it ended up at 25K miles. The card also apparently knocks 5K miles off miles redemptions, so it looks like that could be as low as 20K miles. With two 20K mile trips it looks like I'd be getting almost $500-600 worth in travel just for the $89 annual fee? This seems way too good to be true, so I wanted to check in with the travel vets here to make sure there isn't some way they can dick you over that I'm overlooking. If you cancel after the first year do they drop the moneyhammer on you or something? Are these miles crazy hard to use?

tl;dr:
1. I fly Houston->San Francisco a lot, usually booking flights about 2 weeks to one month in advance, typically paying ~$350-400. Does this seem solid or am I overlooking cheaper flights somewhere?
2. I fly US Airways a lot since Houston->San Fran flights go through their hub, was offered a US Airways card that gives an immediate bonus 40K miles for an $89 annual fee. Good deal or no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentientcarbon
Aug 21, 2008

OFFLINE GAMES ARE THE FUTURE OF ONLINE GAMING

The numbers don't lie. 99.99% of every Diablo 3 player wants the game to be offline. This is a FACT.

OH SHIT IS THAT A WEBCAM? HOLY CRAP GET THAT AWAY FROM ME! (I am terrified of being spied on, because I am a very interesting person)
Question about rescheduling/one-way ticket general fuckery:

A few weeks ago I reserved a round-trip ticket, Houston to Phoenix with US Airways, leaving Thurs 2/5 and returning Sun 2/8. Work decided to be a jerk and shove a bunch of important meetings back a week, filling up 2/5 with poo poo I have to be there for. I call US Airways to ask if I can change the outgoing from Thurs to Fri, and they basically tell me it's gonna be at least another $360 to change from 2/5 to 2/6, so gently caress that noise. Poking around on kayak, I saw a one-way from Houston to Phoenix on Friday for just about $100. If I were to take this other one-way ticket to Phoenix and no-show for the outbound leg of my initial round-trip ticket, would I still be able to catch just the return flight of that round-trip? Would definitely prefer to pay an extra $100 instead of $360 if at all possible.

Tl;dr: Airline reaming me with fees for moving the outbound leg of my round trip ticket by one day, can I take a one-way outbound and still catch the return flight of my round trip?