Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcdude24
Dec 23, 2008
What can you guys tell me about short (<1hr) layovers on international flights? One of the flights I'm looking at (SFO-TPE-BKK) has a 45 minute layover. Is that cutting it too close? The carrier is EVA Air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcdude24
Dec 23, 2008
Is flying ANA worth an extra $200 compared to flying on Delta?

xcdude24
Dec 23, 2008

Mackieman posted:

From where? And in coach? The answer is probably not, but it depends very much on route and equipment used.

Coach (maybe premium economy); SFO-SIN/BKK-SFO.

xcdude24
Dec 23, 2008

Mackieman posted:

Out of SFO, is there a particular reason you're not looking at Singapore or Eva? Neither will require you to transit NRT and Eva's premium economy is pretty good. TPE is an easier transit than NRT in some cases, I'm told. I haven't personally done it but know people that have.

Delta and ANA/United were the cheapest flights for my dates (outbound the week of October 13; inbound December 22-24). I've transited at NRT and it wasn't too bad. It seems like they keep all of one carrier's flight in and around the same area.

EDIT: and I have about $180 in Delta flight credit.

xcdude24 fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Aug 15, 2013