Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I’m flying for business in a couple weeks (YVR<-> YYZ, about a 4-5 hour flight depending on direction) and I’m eyeing the Air Canada seat upgrade bids. Are these a worthwhile deal on points for business or premium economy?

I have a modest 100k aeroplan points saved up. Do the prices fluctuate closer to the departure? Right now the bid range goes as low as 46k for business and 27k premium economy. I’m tall and getting crammed in economy is not fun. I’ll gut it out if it’s seen as a sucky deal though. I know very little about points rewards and rarely fly for pleasure trips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

HookShot posted:

If you already paid for the tickets AND that's what they want as the bid to upgrade, I would probably pass, personally, but that's also because I do travel a lot on Aeroplan points and want to maximize their value. TBH if you're not likely to use the points for anything else, given as you're tall and it's a fairly long flight I would probably go for the PE upgrade. But it's certainly not what I would call a good deal.

It ended up not winning the bid on the one way but getting it the other so I am good with that. It was pretty drat cramped on the flight out so I am really looking forward to it! Thankfully a 787 both ways and no clapped out airbuses.