Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Well I've been looking around for a while but I thought I'd come in here and ask goons about flights - goons always give the best advice.

My fiancée and I want to go to NZ for our honeymoon over Christmas and new year this year. We live in london.

We're looking for London (any) to Aukland for three weeks, 20th December to 10th January 2015

Obviously some of these flights you can't yet buy tickets for - but should we be booking as early as possible?

We're very flexible on times and dates don't mind two stopovers and longer travel times don't really matter (sub 40 hours for sanity's sake). Given all that, it seems hard to find good prices - just too much information to cram into search engines.

One final request - it'd be really helpful if we could find somewhere we could pay with a deposit (up to about 50% of final cost) as we have a wedding to save up for etc etc

Thanks in advance wizard airfare goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Thanks! 1200 or so is what we have seen as a general price for booking the same kind of flights in November (as these are available). We have about 1500 total at the moment, so well on the way to getting a full total together.

I hadn't really thought of looking for those connecting flights leaving from outside London, so ill keep that in mind. At the moment travel agencies are looking like the best places to go - as they will let us pay a deposit (goddamn weddings and honeymoons are expensive!)

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Well I got the Auckland flights - two returns, 16th dec to 11th jan, 1300 each with reasonable transfer time (2 hours) flexible economy and travel insurance thrown in.

Basically went to travel agent with thread advice and printouts, said 'beat that' and they did!