Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PicklesMcGillicuddy
May 28, 2010

I DO NOT EAT HUMAN FOOD; I ONLY EAT
PINE CONES
My girlfriend in Berlin is planning on visiting me in San Francisco in mid-February (around the 18th), and then we want to fly back together in early April (probably the 1st). Is there any way for her to get a round-trip ticket, and for me to get a one-way that puts us on the same return flight without me having to buy the whole round-trip? Or should we just suck it up and buy two round-trip tickets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PicklesMcGillicuddy
May 28, 2010

I DO NOT EAT HUMAN FOOD; I ONLY EAT
PINE CONES

Mackieman posted:

So she's in TXL and you're in SFO, and she's coming to visit you and then you want to leave together so you can visit TXL and stay there on some sort of permanent basis? I just want to make sure I understand what you're trying to accomplish.

Assuming my understanding is correct, there is nothing prohibiting you from buying a one-way ticket on the same flight that she returns to Germany on. Do be aware that in most cases, one-way international tickets are charged at full fare, so they are significantly more expensive than the same flight as part of a round trip. Depending on the dates and the airline, you'd have to search and compare the fares and see what makes the most sense as there are cases where the round trip price does not equal the price of two one-ways.

Also consider than unless you're an EU citizen, a one-way ticket into the EU without proof of egress may cause them to not let you into the country.

You got it, sorry my explanation was so jumbled. I've been looking on several sites to try and buy the one-way, and the only one I found that matches her flight costs about $3,000, so I'll probably just buy the round-trip ticket after all. Thanks for the help.