Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
I noticed skiplagged is not in the op, was there a reason for that? I've used it pretty exclusively for a few years now and its been great every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

other people posted:

Can any experts here figure out how to get from VLC to RDU with no more than one transfer?

We used to be able to fly through Paris but that seems to no longer exist.

I would even consider leaving from MAD or BCN...

Lots of 1 stops from MAD or BCN but none from VLC

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

other people posted:

Thank you for that. How did your generate that chart? That is really cool.

In summer sometimes there were direct flights between CLT and MAD or RDU and London but these days I cannot find them

Like Beef said, skiplagged. I use that just as because I've been using it forever.

Funny enough, AA did start asking me why I was getting off in the middle of flights after doing it a few times in 2-3 months last year. I just keep saying I got too drunk in the layover.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Beef Of Ages posted:

Do be aware that hidden city ticketing is explicitly against the contract you're agreeing to when you buy the ticket. If you're doing it often enough that they're asking you about it, your AAdvantage account might be at risk, among other things.

I'm a plebe without an account :( No bonus miles for me

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

New airlines called Norse Atlantic offering 1-way from 5 US cities to Oslo for under $200.

This seems like the cheapest way to get to Europe. I can't find anything else under $1000 to get to Europe until after August at least. Do they get cheaper?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Beef Of Ages posted:

Ah, the latest incarnation of Norwegian. It's only new in name, same people and aircraft that used to be Norwegian until it was found out that they were being super lovely to their crews by being osstensibly based in Ireland so they could skirt Norway's labor laws. Also, they don't begin service until the middle of June which could change so you're encountering a bit of risk with a ticket on Norse Atlantic, even if it is comparatively cheap.

I was seeing $400 and $600 to Europe in Coach all over the place recently; fares will differ wildly between markets so if you have some specifics you can share, I'm happy to take a look for you. Summer is peak season, though, and airplanes are full right now because airlines can't hire enough crew to run a schedule that meets demand so prices naturally go up.

Yeah, thanks for the quick reply. I was aiming for a late July trip.

Coming from Southeast US, so Charlotte, Atlanta, and Orlando are all good options to fly from for me.

I had picked Norse Atlantic as I have a friend from Oslo, would be nice to go see him for cheap. I'd also be happy flying to another European country and then to Norway if there is a cheap option that way.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Beef Of Ages posted:

You should read the OP. :)

How long do you want to be gone?

Reading now.

1-2 weeks. At least with Google Flights, I can't find anything under $900 from the Atl, Orlando, Charlotte to Europe for July

goodness fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 17, 2022

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Beef Of Ages posted:

Have you considered Raleigh? RDU-ARN is $724 on 7/21 with any number of return dates a week or two later. You can grab a cheap fare from ARN to OSL from there, but you're likely then pushing up against the $900 fare you found. There are a few other things out of east coast gateway cities like Boston that are less expensive but they probably don't make sense once you factor in the cost of getting to that gateway city from where you are. The reality is that you're wanting to travel during peak season at a time when fuel prices are through the roof and planes are full. Tough time to find things for cheap.

I didn't look at Raleigh as I expected it to be more expensive because its smaller, but that isn't terrible.

Saladman posted:

What's the roundtrip price? $400 is a steal, especially in high season. I'd expect to pay around $1000 on average for a roundtrip in summer, without doing extensive shopping around and/or going to airports that are so far away that the cost of getting to that airport eats up the entire savings.

Flights.google.com also has a map explorer where you can look visually to see what the cheapest flights are from your destination airport to "wherever" in Europe.

https://www.google.com/travel/explo...ASAB&tfu=GgIgAw

The cheapest I see in August from Atlanta (for instance) is to Stockholm and London for ~$750. The cheapest flights also all require flying on weirder days, like Tuesday. Weekend flights are more expensive for vacation destinations (especially Sunday flights), and cheaper for destinations that are used more for business flights than for personal reasons, like Brussels-Strasbourg.

Flights are still a lot cheaper than I would have expected. I guess fuel surcharges and inflation haven't hit too hard yet since airlines buy fuel on long contracts. I don't expect to see any tickets next August for under €1000 next summer.

Round trip is $368 pretax for basic economy, $318 with a backpack instead of a fullsize carryon. And that is on a Saturday - Saturday trip.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Any tips or advice on a good price to Vietnam/Thailand from the US East coast? I saw one from NYC to Ho Chi Minh for ~$1000 round trip in september. That seems like a good deal?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Pushing my trip back a month or two, so If I plan to fly to SEA in late October, November, or December, I'm assuming it would be wise to wait on buying a ticket since the prices are high?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

peanut posted:

taking a friend's cats across the world now that she's settled in her new town.

Starting with the hardest job, you've got spunk kid.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

mobby_6kl posted:

E: lmao the crew exceeded the maximal allowed work hours as we were taxiing to the runway after deicing. So I might get my wish after all.

Classic, I've been hosed by that 2x. You'd think they could give a heads up a lot earlier but it seems they always wait until the last second to tell you.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Is French Bee from NYC to Paris worth the risk of them being a budget airline? Its under $250 one way.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

Are you only flying one way? If you either have date flexibility or are willing to connect, I’d expect to find AF or AA/BA for 550 or 600 round trip, and the difference between flying them and goddamn French bee is worth fifty bucks (or less if you want to check a bag or eat on the plane or such)

I wish, coming back from Oslo on Norse Atlantic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Beef Of Ages posted:

I see you've embraced the new "Glutton For Punishment" fares.

At least until they gently caress me over once. But yeah its worth saving hundreds of dollars. That is a lot of food in a fun place.

For a long flight I'll just take a big weed edible and pass out for the overnight haul.