Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
I have a credit I have to use to book by May 22nd on Delta. A friend and I are taking a trip to Mexico City in late October/Early November, I know the sweet spot for booking is usually 30-60 days out from the trip; what is the likely impact to price for booking this early out? Since I'm the one with the credits, I want to cover part of his ticket to make up for the sub-optimal booking time, I was thinking like $150-$200 (ticket prices we're looking at are $700-$900 after taxes); does that seem pretty reasonable?

EDIT: It's worth noting that Delta is offering the cheapest non-Volaris non-stop flights from Seattle to Mexico City, so I don't need to worry about airline price differentiation.

Ham Equity fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

Beef Of Ages posted:

What kind of credits are these? If they're attached to a ticket number, then I don't believe you can use them for someone else as the names have to match on the credit and the new ticket.

In any event, if the value is about to expire, book something else with it now the cancel it once it tickets. Boom, new credit with an extended expiration date.
Credit is for $707, which is likely gonna be a little less than my airfare alone after taxes/fees. I really don't want to risk losing this if there's some weird edge policy regarding credits on cancellations that you spend credits on.

Ham Equity fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 8, 2024