Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'm trying to get from Los Angeles (LAX most likely) to DC (probably needs to be DCI) on the 2nd of Jan until the 5th of Jan, and prices seem pretty hosed up right now. Is it best to try and get it asap for $450-500 or wait a little longer and see if it goes down? Goal is $300-400 round trip.

I need to be in DC as early in the afternoon on Thurs as possible and leave as late on Sun as possible. I'm OK with taking flights that leave at like midnight on Wed/Sun and have overnight layovers into thurs/mon if it will bring down the cost a lot, but it doesn't seem like any site that searches has enough customization to accommodate those options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Hmm, SAN might be a problem, but LGB is an acceptable option. I would probably have to work my week around being in San Diego for New Years and hanging out with area friends in order for that to work. I don't know anything about the transit systems in DC, but anything that is doable by bus sounds cheap and would work. I would want to avoid Taxis, and Amtrak sounds like it would bump costs up quite a bit.

Is the general opinion that I should try to resolve this ASAP, or is it worth waiting till the last minute to try and scoop up cheaper flights?