Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
Origin - DFW (or any Dallas airport really)
Destination - PLS
Duration of trip with dates - 7 days (Sept. 6th - 12th)
Flexibility If the deal is good enough I could probably move a day in either direction.

It looks like I don't have a ton of choices in flights, my question is really, is it better to buy in the next couple days or is there a good chance prices will come down a bit? I have been looking at trips with only 1 connection and not more than a 4 hour layover time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone have a nice beach destination, that's not Cancun, that I can get a cheap flight to? I am flying out of DFW (could also do DAL if the price was good) and looking to travel the week of the 4th of July plus or minus a couple days.

E. I've been looking on Google Flights and most of the destinations that have been interesting to me have been in the $700+ range. I would also consider a trip to Europe if the price was good enough.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Has anyone ever heard of this site: https://www.nextvacay.com/ It says they send you emails on crazy deals from whatever airports are near you. I'm suspect because Google doesn't show much about them but I like the idea of just seeing where there are cheap tickets to because there are all different types of places I would visit and this might be a nice way to take a trip to somewhere I never thought about before.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Saladman posted:

That website throws off so many scam sirens it's not even funny.

If it does anything at all, which it might, it probably just goes through SkyScanner on a weekly basis and then emails you the cheapest flights from [your input city] to [destinations].

If you want a real site, use secretflying.com , which lists error fares and sales.

E: I guess if you're super lazy it could be worth $25/year to have flight details emailed to you?? I guess "scam" is too hard of a word. I should have said "rip-off" since it just doing something you can do in 30 seconds on flights.google.com.

Secertflying.com is what I want, just I want the deals for my local airport sent to me in real time. Seems like there would be some site that does that for free.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Nur_Neerg posted:

Just booked a week-long car rental in Oahu for $1300 after taxes and fees :v: Thankfully work reimburses most of that as a travel benefit. It ain't great at the moment.

Are you renting that soon? I just reserved a rental at the end of July for $250.