Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004
First, thanks for the thread!

Second, do you really save money from the websites that book flights and hotels together? If I'm looking to travel with no loyalty to any airline or hotel chain should I be looking at Travelocity, etc first?

Lastly here's what I'm working with, help me if you can. I'm wanting to travel abroad, and can either go for Spring break or during the Summer. The problem is the places I want to go during these time may be prohibitive:

Origin: BOI
Destination: Either SYD (Sydney, Australia) or AMS (Amsterdam)
Duration: 3/21-3/28 or anytime from May-August
Flexibility - Not much on the spring break, obviously in the summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

Mackieman posted:

SYD is an expensive place to get to because there's only a couple of flights down there. AMS is a bit easier, especially during Spring Break, but will be expensive as well during the summer because that's peak travel season. I'm actually heading to LHR, VIE, SZG, EDI, and DUB over Spring Break this year (my wife and sister both work in education) because it is dramatically less expensive than summer, not to mention less crowded.

AMS for Spring Break is coming back at $1195, not terribly out of whack with the rest of that market right now. I checked out of SEA too in order to see if there were any savings in leaving from a larger gateway, no dice. For SYD, it's about $1600, and MEL is about $1500. Summer looks similar at the moment, so it's a good time to start watching those routes.

Thanks for all the help! I've flown internationally twice, but only once with a layover. With international flights, whats the shortest comfortable layover. A couple of the results came in at just over an hour, and I don't want to cut it too close.

savesthedayrocks
Mar 18, 2004

That was the one! Looks I'll pick a different leg.