Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Hello! I hope this is an appropriate place to ask a question about carry-on baggage allowances.

We have an international flight booked with United flying MEL-LAX-LasVegas in and SFO-LAX-MEL out. As far as I can tell from the 'UA' codes all connections are operated by United. Like the Travel Gear thread recommends, I wanted to do carry-on only and bought packs that fit within carry on dimensions. Our friend, who was a travel agent for many years, has said that there is also a 7kg weight limit on all carry-on luggage. She said this is true even though the ticket and website only mention dimensions, although it seems many local and international airlines do have that explicit policy on weight.

Is this 7kg weight limit some unwritten rule that will be rigidly enforced by United? Obviously I'm not planning on packing a bowling ball or anything ridiculous like that, but going over 7.00kg seems quite possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Thank you for the quick answer! Very good to know.