Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

dpkg chopra posted:

Well, February is winter and low season, so I expect that ticket prices would be lower, no?
I don’t know if it’s applicable to you, but we just booked flights to Europe for about three months from now where the upgrade fee to a level where you get one no-charge checked bag plus the ability to cancel cost the same amount as checking one bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I noticed the same thing last month with different US -> European cities, but it wasn’t four months, more like 90 days before the flights.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Ticket prices for transatlantic flights (at least the ones I looked at) went up about 40-60% for flights starting on May 12. To be clear, I mean back in February you could see flights on May 11 for $800 and the same flight on May 12 cost $1200. I could track that behavior for weeks and the shift point was always May 12.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Larry Cum Free posted:

Is anyone aware of a consistently cheap route from North America to Athens?
I can’t help with cheap, but here are the N. American cities with nonstops to Athens: Toronto, Montreal, Boston, New York City, Washington DC, Chicago, and Atlanta.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Your screenshot says your ticket is United Economy, but the text you quoted says Basic Economy.

Chances are those are different. But yes you should call and confirm it.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Just a guess but I’d think since the flight isn’t cancelled and you’ve got a seat on it, the airline isn’t going to refund your fare. If you demand to be let off I would imagine they’d have to oblige but at that point your transaction with the airline is most likely completed.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Out of curiosity, are there any/many widely used passenger aircraft that can’t use the roll-up stairways? I know we had to use one earlier this year when things went squirrelly on a A320.

E: I suppose they’d need that capability for emergency purposes.

WithoutTheFezOn fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Dec 30, 2023

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

other people posted:

edit: i just found flightsfrom.com and it seems much more thorough.
If you’d like a more graphical representation, look at https://www.direct-flights.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I'll believe you. I never looked at the individual flights, just the globe. I thought other people was asking “where can you fly to directly from this airport”.

I was surprised to see that MCO only had four destinations in Europe.