Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
Are there any flights back to ATL (or anywhere near our final destination of Alabama) from MPM (Maputo, Mozambique) around Christmas time that are less than around 2-2.5k? My wife and I are trying to go home for the holidays but it is going to break us if we have to pay 5k to get home for about 10 days or so. We are pretty flexible on our times, and don't necessarily have to be there on Christmas day or anything if that saves some money. We'd prefer to stay on StarAlliance air lines since she is a gold member there and gets all those sweet perks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice

Mackieman posted:

Sorry for the late reply, I've been traveling a lot.

Can you get to Jo'burg without too much trouble? There are many options around Alabama (ATL, BNA, TYS, etc) that you can use for about $1750 per person or so. Range of dates before and after Christmas available as well. Flying out of MPM is what jacks up prices.

Yeah, that looks pretty do-able for us. Doing your suggestion, there is a $1670 flight from Jo'burg to Atlanta that is a direct flight, which is certainly very attractive. It is about a 6 hour drive to Jo'burg, but to save 2k total on the trip, that seems very worth it.

Thanks!