Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I own the PAL version of this game along with a homebrewed Wii which with to play it, but I'll be damned if I don't regret buying the NTSC version when I had the chance. What a fantastic game this is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Agent Interrobang posted:

He gets SOME of the moves right(interestingly, a lot of his later arts involve properly utilizing his weapon, giving some nice mechanical integration of his character development), and we see a number of soldiers in the prologue and throughout the game using it properly, so I think it actually was intentional. When it comes to stuff like 'man, did they do that on PURPOSE, or was that a mistake,' you can generally bank on Xenoblade doing it for a good reason.

Later stuff REALLY drives that point home; arguably the biggest strength of the game is the sheer economy of storytelling. If it seems meaningful, it probably is, there's very few pointless details.

I just like the implication that Reyn is such an incredibly strong lunkhead he can effortlessly use this enormous weapon (that all soldiers use as a stabbing implement) to club everything really hard.

EDIT: And even then he's not a lunkhead, he's just young and eager and with an incredible thirst for vengeance.

Calaveron fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Aug 11, 2013

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Vil posted:

General nomenclature for when your audience may or may not be that far in the story is to call her "Seven" (as the seventh party member). As this is an LP however, and it's now past the point in the story where it would be a spoiler, we might as well call her "Fiora" like civilized people.

Japanese wikis seem to favor the use of メカルン (Mekarun) in contrast to early-game フィオルン (Fiorun). I suppose a localization of that would be Mekara/Mekora/Mechara/Mechora.

I love how that became a universal thing. Like, no matter the website or forum, it's always Seven this, Seven that.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

DOOP posted:

:japan:

So Fiora is slightly less cyborg than Raiden. Rad

Considering Raiden is just a jawless head with spine and only one eye, it's really hard not to be.

Dang I feel like replaying this dumb butt game but I left my copy all the way back home. I just love how colorful it is, no matter where the story takes place, and how optimistic and driven the characters are.

• Locked thread