Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ah, Reyn Time.

Enjoyed this the first attempt around, and I'm hoping you can make it further in this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's interesting that so soon after we get our girlfriend munched by Mekkon, we join up with a lady who's had her boyfriend munched.

I also like that this ancient superweapon that turned the tide of a previous war is now prone to failing at the most inopportune times.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm probably just projecting here, but Greg Stolze's RPG Reign is set on the bodies of two titans, Heluso and Milonda, facing each other, with the same kind of inward-facing gravity.

They're not exactly ancient foes or anything, though.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I do like that this game seems to have made a habit of letting you see landmarks way off in the distance and then go there. It really does something to instill a sense of scale.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
"Riki! You must go and fulfill the ancient prophecy of some guy owin' me five bucks!"

The Chief is the best.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like how Prison Island has those giant chains on the outside of it, restraining absolutely nothing.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I love how Riki just does his prancey little idle animation while NPCs are busy telling you the quest details. Remembering little details is what Heropon's friends are for!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, if anybody would ignore the NPCs and run around mashing A on everything, it'd be Reyn.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, that assassin doesn't really pay very close attention to anything, does she?

"WELCOME CROSSBREED CHILD. I AM THE SPIRIT OF YOUR MOST ANCESTOR. PLEASE CONTINUE THIS CROSSBREEDING AS IT REPRESENTS THE ONLY HOPE FOR SURVIVAL OF OUR PEOPLE."

"Filthy crossbreed! Die like the beast you are!"

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
This is interesting. It seems like Fiora's been overwritten by whatever Mechon personality is in her, but is that the case for the Homs in Metal Face? Or is the clawing a memory the Mechon can access like Fiora's love for Shulk?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Aw, Riki. All wanting to be helpful. You didn't have to break his heart like that, Dunban.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So does that big heart in the relationship meter mean you completed the event? There are two ways to do that?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, these guys really like winding Shulk up. That sword must be a serious game-changer if they're willing to grab it like that.

Glazius fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jun 23, 2014

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I do miss your rambling.

Also... it seems kind of like we're gearing up for the big final battle, which if I know my Xeno series means we're about a fourth of the way through the game.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I really like the contrast they're playing up here, between Shulk who thinks the Mechon are unilaterally the worst things in the universe, and Fiora, who is kind of enjoying her body that doesn't need food and the intelligence trapped inside her head that did her a solid.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Is Riki actually sympathetic to Melia, or just completely disrespectful but he's so cute it doesn't some across as mean-spirited?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

ManlyGrunting posted:

I always thought it was a touch weird that Shulk decided to get to the bottom of understanding Egil. I mean he is a scientist and an idealist, so he's going want to find permanent answers instead of just treating the obvious source (especially since his personal driving stake for revenge just undid itself to an extent), but Egil is sort of a massive serial war criminal whose own people are like "that dude is crazy, for Meyneth's sake kill the fucker". Hell, even Mumkhar I can sort of buy because Shulk wanted to find a solution other than killing innocent people in the face mechon (maybe he thought the dude was brainwashed like literally every other face mechon pilot) and he figured that if he started now what's to stop them before they do in Fiora.

To the games credit though they disguise it well enough and make it believable for Shulk. It wasn't until a heart-to-heart after the fact that I realized "oh yeah, he's kind of literally Satan to the people of bionis".

Really, I think Shulk can relate. I mean, back when he first got the Monado he probably envisioned himself cutting a hydraulic-fluidy swath through Mechonis. Egil similarly has the power to wreck Bionis and probably watched at least one childhood friend he was sweet on die horribly. It's just that Shulk's power can't lash out at the people trying to talk him down, but Egil has no such restrictions, given what the Mechon are doing to this village.

Egil is constantly at or below the worst place Shulk ever went, and he can't get out. Even given what he's doing, that's a reason to feel for him a lot more than someone just going BEEP BOOP EXECUTE BIONIS.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, I really wonder what Dickson's been doing all this time. Running supplies to the Machina? I wouldn't put it past him.

Also, that is some nasty memory restructuring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The entire Mechonis seems like it's not going to be just one dungeon. Now I'm wondering how the heck you're going to resupply in here. Machina rebel base? Dickson with a trenchcoat and a lot of good things for sale, stranger? Fiora plugging into a wall outlet and going BEEP BOOP REQUESTING SUPPLIES?

• Locked thread