Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

nine-gear crow posted:

The combat also feels very XII-esque, with the line between exploration and combat being very permeable. Over all, I like XII's battle system better than Xenoblade's because there was more to customize and control and the party AI was as smart as you wanted it to be thanks to the Gambit system.
I still feel that the perfect Final Fantasy combat system would be XII's gambit system, but modified so you can save gambits and swap them on the fly without entering the menu, like paradigms from 13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I'm pretty hyped that we're not that far from where the last LP ended if I recall correctly. Like, only a few videos I'd guess.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Watched the last LP, sold my Wii before I could play the game proper.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

One thing I find curious is the insistent terminology of the Nopon. They repeatedly call Shulk and crew Homs, but they don't use that term when discussing Melia. Even Melia refers to the group as "These Homs", as if she isn't one herself.

I'm sure this is something that will be addressed later, I just wanted to put that out there.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

If I recall correctly, when the faced mechon were driven off by the Telethia right after Shulk and crew exited the mines, wasn't someone riding it? I'm guessing Melia is part of the same community as that person, and telethia riding is a regular part of their culture, and thus the "bird lady" thing.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Lethemonster posted:

Re: Sidequests

Now I have all the characters and we are some levels ahead I can go back to earlier areas and show them off in a more complete way, and also the interesting/cute/background quest chains. Would people prefer these as videos (uncommentated), screenshot, or happy with a hybrid approach as it suits?

I may have hundreds of minion icons ready to go

Last night I tried playing some final fantasy while I was tucked up in bed and dying meant I had to redo a whole portion from scratch. I sat there finding it unbelievable how much of a difference getting to keep progress and checkpointing made in how enjoyable games in the genre are now. I really couldn't be bothered to do it again and played Disgaea instead.
I'd go with hybrid. Screenshots would suffice for most stuff, but put any particularly good fights or character-centric stuff (heart to hearts, I'm looking at you) in video at your discretion.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Hah. When Alvis was revealed as the Divine Seer I actually said "of loving course he is" out loud.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Wind God Sety posted:

Lethe, are you going to be showing off all the "bad" Heart to Heart options? Something that I thought was really cool in this game was that if you make the wrong choice, it actually leads to an entirely different conversation and second set of dialogue choices.
And if you aren't going to show the entire alternate conversations, it'd be nice if you at least showed what the various options are during the one convo you do show.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Alavaria posted:

So his destiny (and death) are already decided, but haven't the group with the Monado been able to get past that and save people before?

Somehow, Alvin and the emperor hadn't learned that small detail...
Alvis' future-reading works differently than Shulk's. Alvis has to work to see the future, like in the divination ritual mentioned in the video and shown last video. It just comes in flashes of inspiration to Shulk. Shulk has had many opportunities "in the moment" to change how the visions play out, which Alvis never had.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

A giant, wise and intelligent, sealed away for eons?

I wonder what Prometheus did to piss off the High Entia?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I've seen some people LP Wii games and upload an upscaled 720 resolution, I don't suppose you could do that Lethe? It'd at least make things look a little clearer.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

C-Euro posted:

Count me as another person who saw "Faces are people!" coming from a mile away, but also count me as someone who didn't see it coming that Fiora would be in one of them.
I assumed that the Faces were machines with the spirits of humans in them, or they were fully integrated with humans like a cyborg deal. And I thought the red liquid on their surfaces was literally blood, probably from the body of the human that inhabited the Face. I didn't expect them to just be robo-suits.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Silver Falcon posted:

Unless she outsources it exclusively to British folks, this is a terrible idea. :colbert:

British is best.
What about a fake British accent?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

For the record, as someone who read this thread unspoiled, I appreciate the effort some of you guys put into keeping posters off the trail of spoilers. I'm not sure if it was in a post or if it was in a video by Lethe shortly after the attack on Colony 9, but someone posted that "You can see during the short time you control her that Fiora actually has a full skill tree, which keeps you from guessing that she'll die permanently like she does"

And I now know you were giggling to yourselves after a comment like that, but posts like it actually kept me from guessing that particular twist.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

This entire game's plot is just cycles of revenge all the way down, isn't it?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Lethemonster posted:

I completely forgot to PIMP THE OTHER LP IM IN NOW

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3645992&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=24#post438373123

LP DnD. I play Kit the Barbarian Princess, who's kingdom was cursed by a weirdo so that all it's inhabitants have been turned into cute critters. Stuck as an adorable bunny rabbit, Kit has decided that waited for some dude to turn up and fix everything is stupid and sets off to fix it herself.

So if you want to hear me in something that actually updates everyweek, sneak a peak in there.

Edit: I even have a shower scene in my first episode.
Lethemonster displays her impressive vocal range in the first three sessions. Impressive reveal of your real voice in the most recent one, though you were a bit quiet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Both of my grandmothers have had serious health issues this year that I've lost sleep over, though I've been fortunate enough to keep them so far. I'm sorry for your loss, Lethe.

• Locked thread