Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

It was Lethemonster, which is also why the OP says "Yes, it's that time of year again!" I'm assuming. Apparently she wanted to restart it. I think the OP could be a bit more obvious about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Vil posted:

Sharla has her uses, to be sure, but I've seen many a player stick with Shulk/Reyn/Sharla and use her as a crutch rather than branching out into notions of "best defense is a good offense/kill them before they kill you" or "keep yourself alive in other ways besides facetanking and art-healing, such as dodging or getting heals from other sources like skills".

Ahh-hem, all of these are completely valid ways to play the game :colbert:

I play as Sharla pretty much all the time. After trying her out for a while I realized that the AI really doesn't know what to do with her. When she's not just haphazardly throwing heals around battles with her get a lot more involved and tactical. Of course, the problem with Sharla is that she's attached at the hip to Reyn, so my party always consists of Sharla/Reyn/Damage dealer (depending on mood and/or presence of Mechon).

But, the upside of that is the two having some real good synergy together. Later in the game you can even promote that synergy by slotting Reyn with heal+ gems (increase the amount of HP received on healing). After a few of those, a heal blast heals him straight to full, and even the measly heal bullet gives some nice chunks of HP. Which then means you're free to replace some of your heal arts with the attack arts Sharla gets (and she does get some good ones), and get some damage done with her as well.

• Locked thread