Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Piping up as another goon that bought this game and enjoyed it because of your first attempt at LPing it. Thank you for introducing me to this, Lethe. I still listen to the soundtrack quite often.

I love how ponderous and weighty the Bionis and Mechonis are in that intro. It makes sense that something so big that people have a city on its calf has to take a few seconds to wind up for each strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Lethemonster posted:

I don't know why but I find the game with these graphics far more engaging than other more openworldy games or RPGs with much higher standard graphics.

I feel the dame way. I played through FF XIII before this game, and while it had very pretty backgrounds, thats all they were, backgrounds. Here you get to climb all over them, and you have incentive to explore (exp, G, AP from finding stuff). There's even reason to backtrack at times. In FF you se pretty backgrounds and its just so much background noise if it isn't a setpiece, while here if you see something your first thougt is "How do I climb that" or "What goodies are over there".

notreallyanedit: Oh, you said other openworldy games, oops. Oh well, what I said still stands.

• Locked thread