Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indeterminacy
Sep 9, 2011

Excuse me, your Rabbit parts are undetached.

nine-gear crow posted:

Mechanically, I would say Final Fantasy XII really shaped a lot of how the game feels when I play it. Both share that "open world you can literally walk from one end to the other of" style of gameplay.

The combat also feels very XII-esque, with the line between exploration and combat being very permeable. Over all, I like XII's battle system better than Xenoblade's because there was more to customize and control and the party AI was as smart as you wanted it to be thanks to the Gambit system.
I wonder if both of these draw something from Monster Hunter, about which I know almost nothing except that it is very popular and has a similar open-world approach with quest system and a similar timing-based combat mechanism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indeterminacy
Sep 9, 2011

Excuse me, your Rabbit parts are undetached.
You say Monaydo, I say Monahdo.

Except nobody says Monaydo.

Unless it was, like, a Tornado of Moe.

Mo-nado.

<_<

• Locked thread