Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I've finally caught up on this LP.

I keep thinking of the idle animations during cutscenes and Reyn REALLY needs to get his right shoulder looked at.

I kinda called the whole "FACE MECHON ARE PEOPLE" thing about the time the orky one mentioned something about what he was before. He was the best Face Mechon. :allears:

I also guessed Fiora was one the VERY MOMENT a sleek, elegant, feminine face Mechon showed up.

Gotta give it to the game, though. It manages to foreshadow lots of things properly so it doesn't shock you when it happens, but also doesn't spoil it until it's ready for a proper reveal. I, too, thought it was the "fuse a soul" or "plug in a brain" kind of thing for the Face Mechon ever since it was revealed that the Monado couldn't hurt people 'cause they had souls or something. Seeing Fiona inside all meched up was a very well done reveal.

... and the latest update makes me think that we should take a screenshot of when Dunban was face down dead with Reyn and Shulk just staring at him - and edit in some beer bottles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I'm personally looking forward to the next opportunity for Reyn to act like a doof again. It's seriously the best thing :allears:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I'm voting Sidequest/Heart-to-heart because someone's gotta be contrary.

Also, you'd think that Elgis wouldn't tolerate Mumkhar's poo poo and just off him right there or something. I mean, if Fiora's so goddamned important, I can't see him being too happy that he's kicking her poo poo around and threatening to kill her because of some petty grudge.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I want to see more of Melia's fighting, because everyone describes her as a glass cannon and that is my absolute favorite character archetype to play in combat.

Also, Goddamnit, Shulk, you saw more than just the Silver Mechon in there, TELL THE OTHERS THE REST OF WHAT YOU SAW.

Meanwhile, all I could think of after the Mumkar fight was:

:doom: "HUUUUUUUUUUUBRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssss" *sploosh*

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Sounds like we need to see footage of Fiomechora or whatever we should call her now fighting.

Even if she's only an active party member for the beach sequence.

Also, poor Shulk. He just can't have nice things.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
It's clearly Reyn time.

Also, Riki is hilariously viable in the best ways :allears:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Mighty Dicktron posted:

I really appreciate the fact that Reyn spontaneously lost all his clothes for this one. :allears:
I couldn't stop laughing and had to take a break from the video to react here before going back.

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

What the gently caress is Sharla wearing?
The best goddamn outfit :allears:
SO MANY COLORS. She wants to attract a mate, clearly.
Now is your chance, Reyn!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
It's a pity this area is so repetitive, because it looks like it had some real potential aesthetically.

Also, Shulk saying "Fear" over and over started to go into the realm of "comedy by overdose." Like everyone else was saying actual sentences and looking to him for a response and all they get was:

:geno:: "Fear."

• Locked thread