Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

JamieTheD posted:

Y'know what's creeping me out? That I'm starting to think, after that boss-finish cutscene, that I'm right about something horrible. He sounded awfully familiar, and he became what he is... Yeah, definitely creeped out right now... Also, the Old Guard still rock the casbah, and the new guy... Well, he's mysterious, and that actually pisses me off. But still, the mystery will be unraveled soon enough, I'm guessing.

Xeno-x games can't get enough of pale haired young-looking cryptic characters.

I think we may have met our Chaos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

But Dunban Damage.
DUNBAN DAMAGE.

Dunban is a loving beast.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Played the game right up to wgere you are now.

Though i never got skimpy armor for anyone. Hell reyns midriff was covered since the end of colony 6.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

alcharagia posted:

Fun fact: Dickson's Unbeatable 6 gem makes him literally impossible to kill.

He has an Unbeatable(NPC). it works 100% of the time, all the time.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lethemonster posted:

I do have the next few videos made up, I am just waiting for my... voice to come back after freshers week at uni. A combination of going 'Whooo!' a lot and some snotty first year giving me fresher's flu means I'm out of commentary action atm.

Sympathies.
Just coming out of my own sick stint.

Also Melia because she's probably the best character, I think. consensus seems to agree, at least.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

This game is quite cutscene heavy at times.

This is priceless.

You seem to not know this game's predecessors. At least this one has witty dialogue: 'We ordered Room service an hour ago' :allears:

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Nov 19, 2013

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Speaking in cryptic all the time. probably.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Prowler posted:

I decided to hop in this thread to see the latest post, and it just so happened to be this scene. There's a fair bit of foreshadowing, which is a nice touch.

This game really needs to be remade in HD. Combo pack with the next installment?

Edit: Nice LP Lethemonster, you have far more patience than I for sidequests.

Yeah I agree.
Just an across the board hi res texture overhaul would still be great. The art style really mitigates the cons of being on the wii.

Also poo poo is hitting the fan. And hitting it hard.

Oh and by the way, is the next installment going to use the same recording studio/voice acting group/localizers what handled this one? Just wont feel the same if they suddenly switched to using american accents.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Neddy Seagoon posted:

:eng101: That "voice acting group" is actually a random assortment of British TV stars and voice actors of various degrees of fame and success. Incidentally if you've seen the CGI Captain Scarlet series, I want you to look at Captain Scarlet himself and try picturing him saying "Riki sneaky!".

Hahaha what? That Captain Scarlet? I remember seeing some of those episodes as a kid!

Then that last bit of my question still stands; will the same localizers work on X? Because they did a bang up job on this one.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Neddy Seagoon posted:

No, not the marionette series. There's a CGI series from about 2005/6-ish. It was actually pretty good.

I'm not that old bro :colbert:

(also for some reason I call my teenaged self kid.)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Air is lava! posted:

I like the fact that you seem to wear your armour pretty consistently. Wearing a somewhat propper set of clothes is way more important than a little boost in stats.

stats dont matter till the postgame.
and even then Gems and sockets are what really matter.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

It's assumed she got eaten by the mechon that piled on her mech after she got impaled by Metal Face/Mumkhar.

Does that mean that all the homs that got eaten are in the other Xords? I wonder...

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Feb 9, 2014

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ometeotl posted:

Yeah, but this game is actually good. :colbert:

Hey now.
They both do things right where the other goes wrong.

But they both do great at story and pure joy of running around looking at the nice views.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Get a pop filter and reduce the mic gain, that should be good.

e: Pop filter can be a thin sock over the mic. Anything a bit dense and floofy.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jul 12, 2014

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Except she has no uterus lasers or dual Gau-8s.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Riki. The cutest tub of HP you ever did see.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hey the distinctive brand of XenoScience is showing up!

I love Xenoscientific crazy talk.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

More Xenoblade is never a bad thing.

I must have more RPGs voiced by Brits, Irelanders and Scots.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Sep 9, 2014

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Faust IX posted:

The thing I don't understand is how some people hate the voice acting. I guess its a subs versus dubs sort of thing, but some hate it so vehemently they do really convoluted things to work around it on the NTSC-U Xenoblade HD Project. Seriously, just change the voices in-game. It shouldn't require something like 8 steps that you have to do over again every time you load Dolphin.

And come on, you couldn't ask for a better voice for Dunban and all of his awesome lines. Especially the :smug: ones.

Edit: One caveat to the Japanese voices is that you have to start from the very beginning of the game all over again on a new save.

How can they hate 'IT'S REYN TIME'
And Dunban, and Riki, and Melia, and Sharla, and Shulk, and Mumkhar etc etc

It peeves me more than it should.
The game wouldn't be half as prolific without the unique localisation it got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

That place looked like hell and I don't blame you one bit.

Also the party is getting all armchair philosophy-ey.

• Locked thread