Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lethemonster posted:

Ofcourse not. It's how you know if someone is a good judge of character or not. If they don't think Dickson is the most amazing JRPG pirate then you push them off a high building.

But... but Gilder from Skies of Arcadia... :qq:

Mazed posted:

Dunban's official romanization (in the artbook) is "Dunbun". :downs:

(also, Sharla was "Carna" and Fiora was "Fiorung")

This is indirectly related, but the original name for Dagran in The Last Story is Quark.

nine-gear crow posted:

Anyway, am I the only one who shouts out "DICKSON! :haw:" in full joyous glee every time he turns up out of nowhere?

If doing this is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tupperwarez posted:

Yeah, agreed 100%. He finally nailed it this time, I think. It's a real trip looking back at the Gordian Knot of Xenogears' narrative and comparing it to Xenoblade Chronicles' narrative. Xenoblade is a lot more focused and meanders a whole hell less than previous Xeno games, and benefits greatly from it.

I wonder if it's a case similar to Silicon Knights with Eternal Darkness - Nintendo keeping a tight reign on them to make sure they turn out something good. And generally telling them "get this part done before you add something else".

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Blind Sally posted:

What's even better is that Riki winds up being one of the more complex and interesting characters in the story. Some of the Heart to Hearts with him are brilliant.

Something I always liked was they took the time to fill in the details of how such a small character would fight/protect itself in a forest of loving massive creatures (protective :black101: spiked gloves for the ear/hand things that wrap around most of the front of the body, playing dead, using poisons, that sort of thing), rather than just "cute character that hits things" and call it a day.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Reoxygenation posted:

I'm playing through the game while going for 100% completion

God drat, that's some serious masochism right there :magical:. High Entia's really not so bad, if only because it's not too long. The boss kicked the poo poo out of me and I ended up putting the game down for a month or two because of it. Funny thing is that when I came back to it I only needed to grind out two levels on sidequests to return the favour.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah I agree.
Just an across the board hi res texture overhaul would still be great. The art style really mitigates the cons of being on the wii.

Also poo poo is hitting the fan. And hitting it hard.

Oh and by the way, is the next installment going to use the same recording studio/voice acting group/localizers what handled this one? Just wont feel the same if they suddenly switched to using american accents.

:eng101: That "voice acting group" is actually a random assortment of British TV stars and voice actors of various degrees of fame and success. Incidentally if you've seen the CGI Captain Scarlet series, I want you to look at Captain Scarlet himself and try picturing him saying "Riki sneaky!".

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hahaha what? That Captain Scarlet? I remember seeing some of those episodes as a kid!

No, not the marionette series. There's a CGI series from about 2005/6-ish. It was actually pretty good.

Then that last bit of my question still stands; will the same localizers work on X? Because they did a bang up job on this one.

This one's really up in the air. Hypothetically it could go to them just because they did Xenoblade, but the only reason they localized the "Rainfall trilogy" games in the first place was because Nintendo of America didn't want to localize them and NoE pretty much went "gently caress y'all then, we'll do it ourselves :dukedog:".

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

JT Jag posted:

I assumed that the Faces were machines with the spirits of humans in them, or they were fully integrated with humans like a cyborg deal. And I thought the red liquid on their surfaces was literally blood, probably from the body of the human that inhabited the Face. I didn't expect them to just be robo-suits.

I honestly wonder if it was meant to be a double-fakeout. The blood pumping through idea seems like an easy logical deduction for the player to make (I thought the same thing - they eat Homs and circulate it around the outer shell of the Face Mechon as a kind of shield), so when the FACE MECHON ARE PEOPLE! :supaburn: reveal comes it's still a surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

nine-gear crow posted:

Of course it won't come out in NA. Reggie visibly sighs in frustration every time anyone mentions Xenoblade in interviews with him. It took a massive outcry just to get a limited run co-publication with Gamestop.

Dude probably punt kicked an intern reflexively when the Shulk SSB trailer dropped.

Actually it probably will. So far it's the only title announced for the new model, and unless they start announcing more Wii ports or new games for it in the next six months, they're gonna need something to sell alongside it in the US/EU.

• Locked thread