Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sgtsnookums
Nov 20, 2012
Excellent, I've been hoping for an LP of this game. Best part will be seeing the thread's reactions to the wild ride we're in for. Nth-ing the time-saving mechanics too. I dumped over 150 hours reaching the level cap/general completionism and it never really felt all that tedious or grindy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sgtsnookums
Nov 20, 2012

Wind God Sety posted:

One of my favorite things about this game is the gameplay-story integration that you get with the Manado. It's really cool that Shulk can see not only future plot events that threaten people, but gameplay ones too. And the way it marks certain random materials as being important for sidequests is a fantastic feature that makes you actually feel comfortable selling/using most of the random loot you get.

The only sort-of problem I had with it was, by the end, it more or less stops showing up in battles because there's almost nothing high enough level to do enough damage to trigger it. Other than that, yeah, it's pretty amazing.

sgtsnookums
Nov 20, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

Otharon may have been a badass here, but this was the scene that really endeared Reyn to me. I mean, that was one sweet catch! :allears:

Oh and Dunban. Dunban is amazing. Can't wait to see you take him for a spin.

If there's one thing I like about this game (and I like A LOT of things about it), it's that plot twists don't come out of left field. You can figure stuff out yourself if you pay attention. But that is all I will say about it.

That's one of the things I'm liking best about this LP. Knowing what's going to happen, I get to find all the subtle foreshadowing I missed the first time around.

• Locked thread