Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare
Nice! I tried playing this a while back but JRPG's and me didn't get on too well back then. I'm only now sort of able to play them for extended periods but this is one game I'd rather watch someone who knows their poo poo play. Looking forward to more.

Edit: Also seeing as the OP text hasn't explained it, how is this LP being presented? Commentary? Subtitles? I realize there's a lot of plot and cutscenes in the first video but even during the little tutorial sections I might have expected a more condensed explanation of things instead of briefly skipping through all of the tutorial windows.

v v That's what I was thinking.

Sundowner fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jul 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
I actually enjoyed it. For a game like this I feel the soft spoken commentary kinda works well with it but I can understand the lack of confidence or perhaps it's more inexperience with effectively speaking to yourself. It took me a while to get the feel for knowing what I was saying is going to be heard by others. The best advice I was given (that I rarely follow because I'm terrible) is to speak as if you're trying to let someone at the other side of the room hear you, even if you are speaking softly or not trying to be frantic and upbeat, it will help to keep that sort of thing in mind. I think that has more to do with enunciation and how you articulate.

Then again I could be getting to :spergin: territory about talking into a stick.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even

Lethemonster posted:

Oh my god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAuF3JRZ1g4

Updates will take a teensy bit of extra time to come through because I now have to go in and fadein/out music over the sped up parts, but goddamn am I tempted to put up cutscene videos at double speed.

Ch-Ch-Ch-Chip & Dale: Mechon Rangers

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
I didn't quite realize how many time saving features this game had. This may actually be a JRPG I could get through then as it tends to be the prospect of a grind and tedious questing. I only really played up until you get to the town so I probably didn't give it enough of a chance but at the time I wasn't exactly looking for a big game to play.

• Locked thread