Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

uggy posted:

The modo cube doesn’t have balanced colors either, right?

It does not. They even made changes in this latest iteration that they no longer have complete cycles of things like dual lands and talismans and crap.

I don't really care for it. My own cube I keep an equal amount of each color except for gold cards, some color pairs get more than others, and I guess some colors incidentally get more relevant lands outside of the dual cycles (e.g. I only have Shelldock Isle as a hideaway land, or only having Gaea's Cradle and Tolarian Academy). But I do still just shuffle the entire cube and then pick 15 random cards per pack.

I've toyed with having a "power list" where I separate the most powerful cards or cards that define an archetype, then insert one at random into each pack with 14 cards from the rest of the main pool. We've had a few instances where someone will open a god pack with like 3 moxes and a Time Walk and a Tolarian Academy or something, so I've wanted to ensure not only do we avoid clumps, we also avoid having a draft with like one of the power nine in total between all of the packs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU