Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propane C3H8
Jul 27, 2006

TASTE THE MEAT NOT THE HEAT
How are people liking the current iteration of the Vintage Cube on MTGO? It looked reasonable to me, and it was always one of my favorite things to draft around the holidays so I pulled the most recent list I could find on Cubecobra and printed it through MPC.

https://cubecobra.com/cube/overview/modovintage

It's a little late to make massive changes, but if anyone has any suggestions/cut cards and themes worth adding back in from prior iterations, I'm interested.

I'm also working on a 3D printed storage solution with my friend. Basically a large rectangular tray with an acrylic pane retained by a couple of threaded metal closures. Trying to fit 3 rows of 12 Cubamajig containers and 50 of each basic. Any suggestions or prior experience with cubamajigs would also be helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propane C3H8
Jul 27, 2006

Railing Kill posted:

I don't know how much they matter in the card list you're working with, but a slot for tokens might be nice if you're already custom-building the box.

I think that's a good idea, but I'm already running up against the size of the build plate. It almost perfectly fits as configured, but if it got too much larger and it would need to be assembled from multiple pieces.

Propane C3H8
Jul 27, 2006

Just an update showing some progress from that design to (almost) completion.

The lid design is still evolving. Started out with screws, but the tolerances and threading didn’t work, so now we are attempting flexible detents that fit into those holes. Any other suggestions?

The MPC cards were not super cheap, but I’m very happy with the finished product.

Propane C3H8
Jul 27, 2006

Final product

About 8 lbs fully loaded.

$250 in proxies
$60 in sleeves
$50 in cubeamajigs
$40 in filament

~$400 total, which wasn’t cheap, but makes me feel better when you consider it against the cost of actually buying these cards (about $25,000).

Propane C3H8
Jul 27, 2006

whydirt posted:

drat that’s nice

Do you have a list of what’s in the cube?

https://cubecobra.com/cube/overview/modovintage

It’s the most recent vintage cube list from modo, but I figure I can update it or change it as I want.