Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
So my brother and I have spent the last two months working on this cube. Finished trading in most of our bulk this weekend and continued to fix up the cube. Here's what it looks like today:

http://cubetutor.com/viewcube/6929

edit: still have some credit left, definitely want to get a blightsteel colossus and an inkewell leviathan. also a bunch of other cards thanks for looking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
Any reason some guilds have way more support than others?

Colors too? Why are there 16 more blue cards than white cards, as well as more good cards? Does it fit your archetypes better?

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
Sounds like more an issue with the players. If they don't enjoy cubing then they don't enjoy cubing. Or they miss having more powerful cards.

I don't think turning into multiplayer is going to help fix that.

Also you should post your cube on cubetutor it would be so much easier to browse

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
Accorder Paladin is very good in cube.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

Null1fy posted:

Uh.. You mean G/U control?

It's cube you can do crazy poo poo!!!!!

but yes he probably did mean that

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
Very happy for that and will be giving Ajani a try.

Anything else people are considering? one drop black minotaur?

edit: http://cubetutor.com/viewcube/6929

we've made a lot of changes to the cube recently.

uggy fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 11, 2014

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

Man_alive posted:

Took my cube out last night and myself and six others drafted it. We didn't actually play the decks, just drafted and built them. The feedback I got back was positive, however there was a theme of "no consistent archetypes to build to" and "no distinct bombs" this is even after mentioning that I wanted to have back-and-forth games more than one guy masturbating himself to a turn one win every game.

Even if there are bombs and powered cards the games go back and forth. I feel like cube runs into stand still issues more than constructed decks because of the fact that cards are singleton. You need to have ways for games to end or else you may get two people with slower decks who just play for loving ever.

Besides, it's fun as gently caress to see somebody go off and do something crazy. Cube is all about watching each side of the board and being like dang this person is gonna win and then bam the other guy is gonna win and back and forth.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

muon posted:

how bad is shuffling double-sleeved cubes? I dislike double-sleeving due to how fat the cards are but I also want to make sure randos don't gently caress my cards up

It's not hard, the hard part is shuffling a lot of cards

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

WhiteWolf123 posted:

You're most welcome.

So, Prismatic Vista... that's a good cube card it turns out!

As the brother of Pontius Pilate, I also thank you.

edit: Peter Pilate

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
Did a quick draft. It’s super artifact heavy so it makes black and blue sorta tough to draft since they don’t have a ton of answers. Green is a clear winner there.

You also got a ton of cards with tough to cast mana costs. Lots of double or triple colored mana is hard to cast in two, let alone three colored decks, especially since the number of dual lands is really low. You could really use a bunch of mana rocks, talismans would help since it would be more punishing for decks that are greedy. Aggro looks pretty difficult too.

Just a quick look tho. Some cool cards I’m glad to see played.

uggy fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 18, 2020

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
Lot to respond to, fun to talk cube!

But just a quick look at your deck, skullclamp will be by far the most powerful card in your cube, it’s power level is so high above the rest of your cube

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

Aston posted:

Probably something a bit like this.

did you just search graveyard cube that is loving awful

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
oh it's yours wow

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
Cross posting:

Posted in discord too but if folks ever wanna draft a power cube that some goons play, lemme know. We draft online and play on cockatrice.

https://cubecobra.com/cube/list/ii7

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
Any reason you aren’t including other dual lands?

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
How have you found it working? Are folks not running multi colored decks normally? I think balancing some downsides to running multiple colors is normally good, but 540 is definitely different than 360 for that. Duals have just gotten so good that I feel like the downsides very rarely really matter.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
We drafted a lot two winters ago with dr4ft.info and cockatrice, it worked out really cleanly. Online drafting is great for cubes like this

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
Building a cube with folks is also really fun, just having people go through cards and pulling cards they think might fit the power level or theme. Cause then you have everybody having a say in how it’s built since they’re the ones playing and reps will let the group determine what’s good and or bad. Pretty quickly you determine what stuff just won’t get picked.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
Where do you keep the sleeved land? We fill space with land and dice

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
my buddies/brother and I use an old WW2 army barber trunk. It fits 555 with like 80 of each land, tokens and stuff are in a fat pack box

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155852390290?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28&srsltid=AfmBOopdCzlE4dFi0QZ5LeLlPBliGhJ53X9jtQyXRTxOiTiqZF6zMi3bcn0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
The variance is the point, just shuffle normally

The modo cube doesn’t have balanced colors either, right?