Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
I posted a bit ago in the main MTG thread but I think today is the day that I will make the first post about building my all foil, all custom flavor text, and all proxy cube. I'll probably just be posting to a wordpress or a tumblr or something but I will also post them here. I have yet to flesh out a list but my personal desires are for a powered cube that supports combo, probably the stax deck instead of black aggro, and all sorts of other very fun and great things for good people who like unfair magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

cheetah7071 posted:

It's possible that it's different in other cubes, but I've found in the cube I play most often that crystal shard just isn't worth the time and mana spent on it--rather than repeatedly spending six mana to chump block with mulldrifter and recast it, it seems far better to just keep making plays that advance your board.

That's some narrow thinking you've got there bud. It also provides threat of activation against your opponents, a way to save your own bros from removal, and you can use it to bounce that drifter after you've run out of better options. It's a pretty good card.