Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

For artifacts in unpowered, I use the cycle of 5 basic-land-affinity golems from Darksteel. The Keyrunes from RTR/GTC are nice if you're on a budget because they fill 3 roles at the same time (increase artifact count for metalcraft/affinity, fix mana, and turn into creature when needed).

For my cube, I chose to have white and, to a lesser extent, blue be the artifact-loving colors in my cube, so I found a few cards that have metalcraft or affinity to support the theme.
Court Homunculus
Glint Hawk
Blinding Souleater
Sanctum Gargoyle
Porcelain Legionnaire
Myrsmith
Auriok Edgewright
Dispeller's Capsule
Razor Golem

Spined Thopter
Spire Golem
Thoughtcast
I had Lumengrid Sentinel (IIRC) in, or whatever the guy is called who taps target permanent whenever an artifact ETB. But took it out for Pestermite.

I made sure to include some artifact creatures that specifically supported an artifact theme as well.

A lot of this would go out the window in the case of a powered cube, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU